Page 10 of 15 [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 11:25 am

BeaArthur wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I do not respond directly to the OP, but only to others in the thread -- per moderatorial directive. The OP seems to be tormented by anyone who tries to directly advise him to actually do something about his personal situation. What does not seem to bother him at all is meaningless philosophy and banal platitudes from anyone else.

I have to agree with Fnord that the way these discussions develop, often there is a remove of four or five people from the OP. It's an intellectual exercise, and I'm not saying intellectual masturbation, either. Views of autism and mental illness are discussed from different angles. We do have the Haven for people who can only tolerate supportive posts, but this thread was started in General Autism Discussion. Marknis knows the rules and knows about the Haven. Instead of telling Fnord to back off, why don't mods remind Marknis of our "safe space" as a better place to hang out.

Do you see any other mods ? No ? then it's just me in control , don't tell me how to my job , I'm doing fine until I'm not , then I will be removed :lol:

And quite frankly that is a scary post Bea. Read it again to yourself.

1. While composing my reply, I could not remember which mod was talking to Fnord. Sorry, sometimes my memory isn't so hot.
2. Whose post is scary? Fnord's quoted post or my quoted post?

Your post, which seems to imply that a poster is fair game if he doesn't post in The Haven.

Just because a thread is not in The Haven doesn't give you a license to torment the OP.

Maybe it's me , if someone told me to f**k off as my advice was not wanted , I would.

( except of course in this case where I am trying to moderate without moderating )

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 11:29 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
t's like being stuck on the same carousel for three years
If you are not enjoying the ride then step the f**k off and quit your moaning. You can't save them all Fnord.
I am trying to advise those who seem doomed to fall into the same trap the rest of us did. If the OP can't be helped, then we should at least try to support those who try to help, instead.
Yeah , but not in the same thread dude , it looks like you are deliberately trying to torment the OP even though those are not your intentions.
The OP seems to be tormented by anyone who tries to advise him to actually do something about his personal situation. What does not seem to bother him at all is meaningless philosophy and banal platitudes.
Maybe all he wants is meaningless philosophy and banal platitudes at the moment ...
... a.k.a., "Attention" -- not that there is anything wrong with that.
SaveFerris wrote:
... imo you will only drive yourself insane playing the 'Why Don't You — Yes But,' game.
A game that I stopped playing long, long ago.
SaveFerris wrote:
I can't stop you posting here Fnord but I can advise you that you are only distressing the OP, if you want to stay and keep distressing the OP, that's your choice.
It is not my intent to distress the OP. If he wants to say he's distressed, that's his choice, too.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 May 2019, 11:30 am

EzraS wrote:
I honestly don't understand why someone would post to threads they think are a waste of time along with the OP not wanting wanting their input.

Me too.
And I don't have any Canadian guys from years ago on my record, so I can't look into myself to find the answers.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 11:31 am

BeaArthur wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I do not respond directly to the OP, but only to others in the thread -- per moderatorial directive. The OP seems to be tormented by anyone who tries to directly advise him to actually do something about his personal situation. What does not seem to bother him at all is meaningless philosophy and banal platitudes from anyone else.
I have to agree with Fnord that the way these discussions develop, often there is a remove of four or five people from the OP. It's an intellectual exercise, and I'm not saying intellectual masturbation, either. Views of autism and mental illness are discussed from different angles. We do have the Haven for people who can only tolerate supportive posts, but this thread was started in General Autism Discussion. Marknis knows the rules and knows about the Haven. Instead of telling Fnord to back off, why don't mods remind Marknis of our "safe space" as a better place to hang out.
OR, better yet, why don't the mods move this and all of the OP's similar threads to The Haven, where even I will honor the sanctity of the space and submit only banal and meaningless posts, if I submit any posts at all?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 11:37 am

Fnord wrote:
why don't the mods move this and all of the OP's similar threads to The Haven, where even I will honor the sanctity of the space?

I can't do that , I'm a rent-a-mod , maybe another mod will if the OP requests it. If he doesn't request it , the thread will stay and we will be at loggerheads with each other ( as members )

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 11:39 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
why don't the mods move this and all of the OP's similar threads to The Haven, where even I will honor the sanctity of the space?
I can't do that , I'm a rent-a-mod , maybe another mod will if the OP requests it. If he doesn't request it , the thread will stay and we will be at loggerheads with each other ( as members )
Well, for what it's worth, I am requesting the move. I mean, if the OP is distressed by his detractors posting in his threads, it would make more sense than directing dozens of people to not post in any of his threads at all.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 11:44 am

^ I'll make a note of it in the mod area but you should PM as well if you want a speedy response.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 11:56 am

SaveFerris wrote:
... you should PM as well if you want a speedy response.
Done.

armandreyes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 May 2019, 12:33 pm

Me too

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 12:43 pm

SaveFerris wrote:

Do you see any other mods ? No ? then it's just me in control , don't tell me how to my job , I'm doing fine until I'm not , then I will be removed :lol:

And quite frankly that is a scary post Bea. Read it again to yourself.

BeaArthur wrote:
1. While composing my reply, I could not remember which mod was talking to Fnord. Sorry, sometimes my memory isn't so hot.
2. Whose post is scary? Fnord's quoted post or my quoted post?

SaveFerris wrote:
Your post, which seems to imply that a poster is fair game if he doesn't post in The Haven.

Just because a thread is not in The Haven doesn't give you a license to torment the OP.

Maybe it's me , if someone told me to f**k off as my advice was not wanted , I would.

( except of course in this case where I am trying to moderate without moderating )

I've read it over three times and can't see anything scary about it. I'm not threatening anyone. I'm not insulting anyone. What on earth is scary about it?

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 12:50 pm

magz wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I honestly don't understand why someone would post to threads they think are a waste of time along with the OP not wanting wanting their input.

Me too.
And I don't have any Canadian guys from years ago on my record, so I can't look into myself to find the answers.

Not that long ago - less than one year I'm sure - the gut dysbiosis fellow.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 May 2019, 12:56 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
magz wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Me too.

Not that long ago - less than one year I'm sure - the gut dysbiosis fellow.

Still no answer to the original question.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 1:06 pm

BeaArthur wrote:

I've read it over three times and can't see anything scary about it. I'm not threatening anyone. I'm not insulting anyone. What on earth is scary about it?

BeaArthur wrote:

We do have the Haven for people who can only tolerate supportive posts, but this thread was started in General Autism Discussion. Marknis knows the rules and knows about the Haven. Instead of telling Fnord to back off, why don't mods remind Marknis of our "safe space" as a better place to hang out.

Basically , I read your post as saying

If it aint in the Haven you have to put up with unsupportive posts from you.

I need to get off Fnords back for getting on Marknis back.

And I need to tell Marknis to f**k off to the Haven as you are going to pick on him relentlessly until he does.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 1:30 pm

I know. I shall start a Poll to see what others think , that's what Fnord does when he wants to know something.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 1:32 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
If it aint in the Haven you have to put up with unsupportive posts from you.
The truth is that The Haven was set up specifically to provide a safe place for people to avoid unsupportive posts.
SaveFerris wrote:
I need to get off Fnords back for getting on Marknis back.
Since I haven't been figuratively or literally on his back (only responding to other people's posts), then getting on my back for being on his back may not be appropriate.
SaveFerris wrote:
And I need to tell Marknis to f**k off to the Haven as you are going to pick on him relentlessly until he does.
The suggestion was made to move his threads to The Haven, not to "f**k off" as you put it. There is no threat to "pick on him relentlessly", either. As has been pointed out, he seems to feel he is being picked on whenever someone suggests that he actually do something to improve his situation.

Now, this could be a wrong assumption, but I don't see any mods "getting on his back" for lying about threats against his life, for lying about people talking behind his back, and for generally lying about what his "detractors" have said about him.

Although I could be wrong (which I sometimes am), but it seems that he is getting more slack for what he says anywhere on this website than most people get for what they post in PP&R. This is one of the reasons why I think he would be better off to have his threads moved to The Haven, where just such an environment is encouraged.

Finally, I apologize if this post offends you, but I felt the need to remain involved in a conversation that includes me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 1:32 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
I know. I shall start a Poll to see what others think, that's what Fnord does when he wants to know something.
Sensible idea! Need any assistance?