Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 11:43 am

Last year I read a school evaluation report about myself from the SE unit I was in and it says that I make comments typical of someone on the Autistic Spectrum!

I don’t get what they meant? Do we have a way of saying things?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 12:06 pm

I look at the writing styles in WP and mine seems a little off. I seem to have a strange syntax to my typing.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 12:08 pm

MrMacPhisto wrote:
Last year I read a school evaluation report about myself from the SE unit I was in and it says that I make comments typical of someone on the Autistic Spectrum!

Blunt and Direct?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 12:12 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
MrMacPhisto wrote:

Blunt and Direct?

That describes me to a T.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 12:14 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
Blunt and Direct?
Yes, blunt and direct.

People I work with tell me that I should be more diplomatic and seek more compromises, instead of always being right.

I often call "bushlit" on other people's falsehoods or delusional thinking.

And if there is something that needs to be said, I'll just say it, and "let the chips fall where they may".

If people cant stand my "Autistic Style", then they should either invest all of their money into research for an autism "cure", or just leave me the hell alone.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 12:30 pm

MrMacPhisto wrote:

Could be many things. Taking things literally. Not reading between the lines. Could be bluntless. Over obsession with facts.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 12:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Blunt and Direct?
Yes, blunt and direct.

People I work with tell me that I should be more diplomatic and seek more compromises, instead of always being right.

I often call "bushlit" on other people's falsehoods or delusional thinking.

And if there is something that needs to be said, I'll just say it, and "let the chips fall where they may".

If people cant stand my "Autistic Style", then they should either invest all of their money into research for an autism "cure", or just leave me the hell alone.

Here in Liverpool England the culture is actually fairly blunt and direct. I don't know if that has been a help or a hindrance to me.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 1:06 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Could be many things. Taking things literally. Not reading between the lines. Could be bluntless. Over obsession with facts.

I would say I am guilty of all those things listed there. I have done all those things.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 1:09 pm

I only do it here. Sometimes I'll check to see if I'm in the Haven before posting. But something seems wrong about having to follow NT rules on WP.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 1:13 pm

If your communication style resembles that of either Spock, or of Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory, you will stand out as being odd. And with the increasing autism awareness these days that style of oddness could well be labelled by others as "autistic". Which isn't a bad thing. It IS a rather autistic style of interacting.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 1:15 pm

BTDT wrote:
... something seems wrong about having to follow NT rules on WP.
The Rules were put in place by a person with high-functioning autism.

You may have heard of him.

His name is Alex Plank.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 1:18 pm

MrMacPhisto wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

I would say I am guilty of all those things listed there. I have done all those things.

Well..there ya have it! :)