Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 7:12 am

I seem to think the show makes me and some other people inadequate and not happy about the way they look and presents this image that you have to look the way they look on show. I've heard of two cases of people, possibly more killing themselves because of it. I seem to think it also presents this idea in order to get someone to be attracted to you, you must go to the gym and do working out and I don't want to do that because if I did I'd just be going there for the sole purpose of getting people to like me which seems pointless really.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 7:14 am

So don't watch it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 11:31 am

I hate Love Island. Such a load of s**t. And the fact that someone from Love Island committed suicide and they still didn't cancel the show like they did with Jeremy Kyle, makes me hate Love Island even more.

There's 2 people at work who watch Love Island, and they have long, tedious conversations about it all through our lunch break, and because I don't have any interest in watching it, I can't join in or even bear to listen. I mean, they gabble on about it for ages, sounding as though the wankers from Love Island are people they know. :roll:

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jun 2019, 4:59 pm

Apparently it is possible to switch TVs off so you don't have to watch things you can't stand.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 9:59 pm

chris1989 wrote:
I can't stand Love Island.
Joe90 wrote:
I hate Love Island...
Then don't watch it!

:roll: Duh!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2019, 12:30 am

*shrug*

I find it interesting enough... but well, I've only ever looked at the Finnish version; I had no idea about someone from the show killing themselves.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2019, 12:59 am

Fnord wrote:
chris1989 wrote:
I can't stand Love Island.
Joe90 wrote:
I hate Love Island...
Then don't watch it!

:roll: Duh!

I never said I watch it. I just hear about it at work all the time. Didn't you read my post?

JD12345
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jun 2019, 3:17 am

chris1989 wrote:
I've heard of two cases of people, possibly more killing themselves because of it.

I wasn't aware of this. Could it go the same way as the recently cancelled Jeremy Kyle programme?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2019, 5:00 am

JD12345 wrote:
chris1989 wrote:
I've heard of two cases of people, possibly more killing themselves because of it.

I wasn't aware of this. Could it go the same way as the recently cancelled Jeremy Kyle programme?

No - they're still going to continue Love Island. I don't think that's fair that they still let Love Island be aired but not Jeremy Kyle. I mean, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.