How are you holding on?

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a village in La Mancha whose name I cannot recall

02 Aug 2019, 3:03 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
How are you holding on?

Thanks BenderRodriguez, I am ok, making plans. Nothing dramatic, just a slow exit. There are legal implications to a full No Contact. I must make sure he has no claims on any of my assets.

There are others in the family that will be let go as well. I wrote a few letters, that have not been sent. Burning bridges is not my goal. They will be allowed contact, but I will not initiate. The letters state the I am withdrawing from my legal obligations to them.

I decided that all of my family responsibilities are now complete. This is a long story of death, suicide, jealousy, betrayal, money and old promises.

Thank you for your concern, my family does not seem to give a sh*t. No surprise there.

Not Diagnosed and Not Sure

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 7:20 am

People always go on about family being the most important thing in the world, but you would be surprised how many really don't give a toss about each other, except maybe when it comes to gossip and backstabbing :evil:

My point: try not to feel too bad about it, a lot of families are like yours - this isn't your fault.

And you're doing great, small steps and thinking things over :thumright:, come here any time you need to talk about it or feel down, many of us understand what you're going through.