Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 9:16 am

I read somewhere that how people react in a crises determins what type of person one is. For me I stand back and watch... I am not one who naturally jumps in and gets involved. My Mum is one who gets involved...

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 28 Jun 2019, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 9:17 am

And I'm sure that the "types" mentioned in the article (Link, please?) were defined to support the author's premise.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 9:18 am

I'm your opposite then; I could never trust others to deal with a crisis on my behalf.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 9:20 am

Fnord wrote:
And I'm sure that the "types" mentioned in the article (Link, please?) were defined to support the author's premise.

Was a few years ago I found this so I don't know where I saw it... I was rather hoping others know more!

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Jun 2019, 9:31 am

I think the way one acts in a crisis determines what kind of a crisis handler they is, nothing less, nothing more.

I tend to get psychopatically calm and - without any emotion - explore possible solutions in my mind, to choose the most efficient one. Then, act efficiently. Then, after the crisis is over, fall ill.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 9:31 am

It's likely either Myers-Briggs or Enneagrams -- those two are currently in fashion.

Both are equally worthless.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 9:40 am

Depends on the person, but also depends on the crisis, and probably even the mood that person is in at the time. The stage of life that the person is at probably also has an influence, as would their past experiences.

I don't think how you act in a crisis determines what kind of person you are, though it may reveal some relevant information.

I'm more of the mind that what kind of person you are determines how you will act in a crisis. Though this is basically the same, I think this is a better way of framing it

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jun 2019, 8:46 am

It depends on the kind of crisis.

In sudden events I can focus and stay very calm.

In a slow burning crisis I can mentally implode in a serious way. I don't handle long term pressure very well at all.

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts