You May Be NT (Whatever it means) If...

Page 6 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 5:32 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Constantly feel the need to say their group does not define them.

Correction.
Do not feel the need to constantly say your group does not define you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 6:05 pm

Your feelings don't get invalidated and people do actually give a s**t if they hurt you unless they are as*holes or abusive.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2019, 6:38 pm

Lone Replicant wrote:
This post is simultaneously extremely funny and sad.

I hear you. :x more sad maybe.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 4:57 pm

You assume all autistic people are the same, as in "low-functioning".

You've said "You don't look autistic", and completely meant it as a compliment.

You don't get what's with all the negativity about Autism $peaks.

You see something lit up blue in April and don't think twice about it.

You think that if someone is alone they must be lonely, and you must either "save" them from it, or bully them.

You can't understand why any adult would take a doll or a stuffed animal with them when they go on a trip.

You can't understand why any adult would buy themselves a doll or a stuffed animal while on a trip.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 9:04 am

On the other hand, some people assume that everybody who is alone LOVES it! Just because somebody loves to read and study, or watch their favorite professional sportsperson, doesn't mean they aren't aching to find like-minded people to make friends with. Often, they lack the ability to transport themselves to a favorite activity and are tired of their dependency on others. A retreat into the haven of their books and animals is their only solution to the problem.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 9:27 am

You May Be Neurotypical If:

• people with a wide diversity of cultural and personality types each identify you as one of their own.

• people think of you as a positive role model only because you never get into trouble.

• you believe everyone is sincerely interested in your sex life and how you lost your virginity.

• you have few (if any) distinctive traits that set you apart from most other people.

• you have never been in a lineup of "the usual suspects" to a crime.

• you have never personally seen the inside of a "Special Education" classroom as a student.

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 5:41 pm

You know you're NT, when...

* After a therapy session, you're floored by how brilliant the therapist was, even though they didn't tell you anything you didn't already know; they only parroted back what you told them, and asked you dumb rhetorical questions.

* When asking you about your feelings, your therapist believes you the first time, every time, no matter what you answer.

* During psych testing, you intuitively know the correct answers to all the questions and the proper way to draw stuff.

* (possible repeat) Your family loved you unconditionally when you were a kid, without you having to earn their love by being docile and getting good grades.

* Your boss thinks you're a great employee, even though you spend half the time on Facebook and YouTube.

* Your teachers respect you, even though you sometimes disrupt class and often submit careless, sloppy work.

* You actually went to all the school dances, and spent most of the time on the dance floor with an attractive dance partner(s).

* At the start of the new school year, you had 10 friends and a few romantic candidates after just a few weeks.

* You think bullying is something that happens to other kids.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 3:59 pm

Fnord wrote:
You May Be Neurotypical If:

• people with a wide diversity of cultural and personality types each identify you as one of their own.

• people think of you as a positive role model only because you never get into trouble.

• you believe everyone is sincerely interested in your sex life and how you lost your virginity.

• you have few (if any) distinctive traits that set you apart from most other people.

• you have never been in a lineup of "the usual suspects" to a crime.

• you have never personally seen the inside of a "Special Education" classroom as a student.

:D

That last two are ass-backward. Being a criminal, and or being suspected of being a criminal pretty much rules out you being autistic, and pretty much confirms that you're either ADHD, or just NT. Most likely the later. So being a usual suspect confirms your neurotypicalilty rather than disproves it.

I hope that you don't think that most of the members of the Bloods and Crips are aspies and autistics.

Its true that most NTs don't end up in special ed, but the majority of kids in special ed ARE NTs. So that doesn't make sense either.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 4:26 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Being a criminal, and or being suspected of being a criminal pretty much rules out you being autistic

Thanks for undiagnosing me 8)

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 4:59 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Being a criminal, and or being suspected of being a criminal pretty much rules out you being autistic

So you live in the Big House?

What are in for kid?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 5:04 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

So you live in the Big House?

What are in for kid?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 5:09 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
... Being a criminal, and or being suspected of being a criminal pretty much rules out you being autistic, and pretty much confirms that you're either ADHD, or just NT. Most likely the later. So being a usual suspect confirms your neurotypicalilty rather than disproves it...
I said nothing about actually being a criminal, but only about being rounded up with the "usual suspects". This was my case, and it happened often. Their reasoning was that I either looked or acted guilty (usually both) so that I must be either guilty of a crime or somehow involved -- lack of eye contact, jumpiness, aversion to bright lights and loud noises, and walking on the balls of my feet (they called it "sneaking") were all considered 'proof' of guilt. The only thing that kept me out of being railroaded into juvie hall was when either my alibi checked out or some physical evidence was found that obviated the guilt of the actual perpetrator.

Remember, this was back in the 1960s in working-class Michigan, when Asperger's Syndrome was not a recognized trait, and it didn't matter who was actually guilty as long as someone paid for the crime.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 5:17 pm

Hmmm...

Something like that happened to me once.

I filled out a job application for some drugstore. And when I entered the store to give the manager my completed application it occurred to me that he/she might interview right then and there. So I began pacing back and forth in an aisle of the store kinda rehearsing what to say in the interview. A young lady noticed me and reported me to the manager as a suspected shoplifter because of my odd behavior was so "suspicious". :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 5:18 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
... Its true that most NTs don't end up in special ed, but the majority of kids in special ed ARE NTs. So that doesn't make sense either.
Perhaps in this century and in your geographical location. Again, my experience with the public school system dates from the early 1960s to the mid-1970s in working-class Michigan. Back then, there was significant shame and disgrace with even being related to someone in "Special Ed", moreso if you were actually placed there. And people were placed there who flunked more than one grade, who wet themselves regularly, who were illiterate or innumerate past the 2nd grade, or who seemed to not be "all there" to begin with. "Special Ed" was used as a threat to keep everyone else in line until high school, when "Juvie Hall" (a.k.a., "Highfields") took over as the Big Bad Thing to incentivize the rest of us into conformity.

Even though I was "That Weird Spaz" to a lot of students (and a few teachers), I was never sent to "Special Ed" or "Juvie Hall".

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 6:49 am

I was never sent to Juvie Hall, but I was in a Special Education class for a year because I didn't speak English as my first language.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 7:46 am

Carhorns, barking dogs and fire alarms don't hurt your ears much, but when an autistic is yelling during an outburst your ears hurt like the devil. :roll: