Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 7:49 pm

You may be NT if...
You think everyone should be able to do ten things at once
You think you understand disability, but the moment it gets rough you get mad
Your biggest challenge in life is not shiny enough teeth

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 8:12 pm

You are extroverted

You act like every thought and emotion that goes through your head is the latest greatest scientific invention

And then when someone says something you half listen and grunt "huh" and "what" like, it's the etiquette equivalent of "excuse me"

f**k Rolando Morales penis

:twisted:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 9:03 pm

Even though you do have special interests and have passionate about them and always spend time with them, you may be NT if you only want to share it with people who give a s**t about it and actually know anything about it too. You don't want to talk about it to anyone who doesn't care about it and has no interest.

This is based on what I read in Back To Normal by Enrico Gnaulati.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Last edited by League_Girl on 07 Jul 2019, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 9:10 pm

You might be NT if you feel threatened when someone is a little bit different

You might be NT if you think every weird or socially awkward person is autistic

You might be NT if you are easily able to get over things like a misunderstanding

traven
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 1:21 am

if you want to herd aspies into chitchatting champions of the victimisation olympics
oh wait, hold my coffee :ninja: :ninja:

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 5:15 am

Joe90 wrote:
Working full time does not emotionally drain you

I'll add:

You complain about your job, but say you don't know what to do with yourself when you have time off.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 6:40 am

Joe90,

I agree about the tongue piercing. People can get nasty infections from piercings.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 8:54 am

You'll complain about anything to anyone who will listen: job, spouse, kids, neighbors...the list goes on. This doesn't include those going through truly horrific abuse. Many people will keep eerily quiet about that.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 11:30 am

HighLlama wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I'll add:

You complain about your job, but say you don't know what to do with yourself when you have time off.

My ex did this a lot when he worked at McDonalds and I would tell him to find another job but get a new job first before quitting this one.

He turned out to be a undiagnosed schizophrenic. I say this because it could explain why he was so lazy and lacked motivation in life. That symptom is often mistaken as depression, same as when they neglect their hygiene which is what he was also doing. It's just that they lose interest and it's their illness so it's very hard for them to do it when they lack interest.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 11:42 am

League_Girl wrote:
Even though you do have special interests and have passionate about them and always spend time with them, you may be NT if you only want to share it with people who give a s**t about it and actually know anything about it too. You don't want to talk about it to anyone who doesn't care about it and has no interest.

And if it's controversial you bring it up only as banter or if the other person agrees with you.

(I refuse to do that hence I'm boycotting a local café til she gets herself a better boyfriend. A more aspie person than me would probably go in and stir something up but it will just be a fling so I'm giving it a month or so then I'm going back to hear about the juicy details of the breakup...)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 12:54 pm

If you're quietly talking about something private in your house and you worry that people right across a busy road will hear everything you're saying, even if it's physically impossible for them to hear unless they are standing right next to an open window of the room you're talking in.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 2:09 pm

KT67 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

And if it's controversial you bring it up only as banter or if the other person agrees with you.

(I refuse to do that hence I'm boycotting a local café til she gets herself a better boyfriend. A more aspie person than me would probably go in and stir something up but it will just be a fling so I'm giving it a month or so then I'm going back to hear about the juicy details of the breakup...)

I tend to stay out of politics. Maybe it's an NT trait I have. I just can't deal with conflicts and confrontations. I know NTs don't seem to have a problem with it because they always whine about how they are being oppressed because of their conservative opinions and thoughts. Uh that is exactly why I don't get into politics and express my political views.

And I thought aspies were supposed to have a hard time with keeping their interests to themselves but for these NTs perhaps their views are their special interests and they have to mention them because they have that itch. How strange.

CultOfByron
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jul 2019, 2:11 pm

I don't want to put the cat amongst the pigeons here but... what if neurotypicality is also spectral in nature (and I don't mean ghostly, although that is a nice thought)

Then the further thought occurs; what about multi-spectrality? The human psyche (whatever the hell that means) is far more complex than the simplistic, blocky categories we have at present.

Apologies, I'll get my coat.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 4:11 pm

League_Girl wrote:
HighLlama wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I'll add:

My ex did this a lot when he worked at McDonalds and I would tell him to find another job but get a new job first before quitting this one.

He turned out to be a undiagnosed schizophrenic. I say this because it could explain why he was so lazy and lacked motivation in life. That symptom is often mistaken as depression, same as when they neglect their hygiene which is what he was also doing. It's just that they lose interest and it's their illness so it's very hard for them to do it when they lack interest.

Sorry, that's not what I meant. I was thinking of people who get bored without work, but still complain about their job. I think one reason jobs are hard for people here (and for me) is the hours away from your interests, which isn't really an issue for NTs.

DemophobicKlingon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jul 2019, 5:43 am

You may be neurotypical if you assume that Autism is not a legitimate diagnosis and is just an excuse or a crutch.

If going from the job world to high school wasn't a struggle in the least bit for you, and the structure of school prepared you for it.

(Someone was saying that school prepares you for the job world because of the structure. I am a very academic person but adjusting to adulting and a career is different in many ways to me personally.

I was trying to explain the differences but the person didn't quite agree with me. In theory, it is supposed to be similar but if you have some executive functioning challenges, theory/what works on paper doesn't quite translate to real life so it needs a lot of work. This person is not 100% neurotypical themselves so maybe this is a bad example to put on here.

I just assume that if school experience completely prepared for someone for the real world and it's just same old same old, that person may not have any executive functioning, or at least their diagnosis is so mild that it doesn't effect them.)

INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2019, 9:07 am

You Might Be Neurotypical If:

• every group you join is led by people of your neurotype, and no one else seems concerned.

• everyone pays attention when it is your turn to say something.

• in your exeprience, bullying was something that only happened to someone else, and only because they somehow deserved it.

• most people who make the laws of your nation share your neurotype, and no one else seems concerned.

• multitasking is your greatest talent.

• no one has ever seriously blamed you for being bullied.

• no one is ever surprised when you present a good idea.

• no one is ever surprised when you speak articulately and intelligently.

• people just like you are represented in the media and pop culture.

• people laugh at your jokes and not at you.

• people reward you when you act quirky instead of suggesting that something might be wrong with you.

• people see your life as worth living.

• people understand why you get upset without having to ask you.

• public assistance is a matter of choice for you, not a necessity of life.

• public transportation is a matter of choice for you, not a necessity of life.

• you are completely unaware of your neurotypical nature.

• you are in control of your life.

• you are suspicious of anyone who does not make eye contact with you.

• you believe anyone complaining about an 'invisible' disorder (i.e., autism, depression, migrains, et cetera) is either over-reacting or deliberately faking it.

• you believe every weird or socially awkward person is 'autistic', 'ret*d' or 'insane'.

• you blame all of a person's struggles on their autism, whether they have autism or not.

• you buy things you do not need with money you do not have to impress people you do not know.

• you communicate regularly in analogies, inside jokes, metaphors and cultural references.

• you feel threatened by people who are 'different' from you.

• you get along well with your parents, your teachers, and with other people in authority.

• you have a strong sense of what is fashionable and what is not fashionable.

• you never worry about law enforcement questioning you for acting in a suspicious manner.

• you use the words 'autistic', 'insane', and 'ret*d' interchangeably.

• your musical tastes can be summed up in three words: 'LOUD', 'LOUDER' and 'LOUDEST'.

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.