Does anyone else hate weekends and holidays?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 11:38 pm

Ever-since my mom started homeschooling me, and despicably when she backed off a bit, I noticed I HATED weekends. My entire routine is f****d up. When I was a kid, my routine mostly revolved around what TV shows I would watch and what time. They would be different on Weekends and some shows didn't play at all on Weekends. I live in a small town which mostly consists of mom and pop shops and almost all of them are closed on Sundays....some of them on Mondays too. I hated holidays too. Even as a kid, aside from the presents, I hated Christmas because the entire world seemed to shut off and my routine went out the window.

I later went to a high school for people that never had the chance to graduate and had aged out of the public school system. You couldn't go if you were under the age of 22 and everyone there was too focused on their school work to bully anyone. There were people in their 60's at my high school and it was normal. If I wasn't being bullied and my teachers weren't bullied either, I usually thrived in school. Since there was no bullying at this school and the teachers were kind and fair, I thrived at this school. I HATED the weekend with a passion because the school was closed on the weekends.

I don't watch traditional TV anymore, just YouTube, Netflix and Hulu so I'm no longer a slave to the TV schedule. If I want to watch a certain show at a certain time, I can. I can even pick which episode I want to watch. But I still hate weekends (particularly Sunday) because everything is closed. I can't drive and live in a little hick town where everything is closed on Sunday. But anyway, does anyone else hate weekends and holidays?

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 11:47 pm

Funny, I have mixed feelings about weekends as well. While I love the time off work, just like you, weekday routines are like clockwork for me and that really helps me. On the weekends, the routines go out the window. Spending more time with my family on one hand is good and nice, but on the other hand I'm not used to being around them all day. I get stressed out. I want a plan, I want a routine.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 11:50 pm

I work during the week to enjoy weekends. Right now, I'm enjoying a four-day weekend after a three-day workweek.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 11:53 pm

Fnord wrote:
I work during the week to enjoy weekends. Right now, I'm enjoying a four-day weekend after a three-day workweek.

That's why I'm going to school soon for a job I would enjoy doing seven days a week. My brother told me if you enjoy it, than it's not a job. If it wasn't something I enjoyed, I could not cope and do my job. Me and my brother rarely see eye to eye on anything anyway.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2019, 11:59 pm

Yes, I absolutely hate them, for the same reasons as the other posts have given. Sundays are probably the worst - very few shops open (and only for restricted hours even then), no mail service, limited public transport, etc. The next worst are the so-called 'Bank Holidays' in this country, such as Christmas Day, New Years Day, etc, but also the 'Bank Holiday Mondays' that extend the weekend (there are a whole crop of these in April-May over here).

Like the OP, I've pretty much given up watching TV, but when I used to do so, the public holidays were the worst, when regular news programmes and the like were suspended, and we got half-witted light entertainment instead. Same goes for radio.

Saturdays aren't as bad, but I still think twice about going into places like Central Manchester on Saturday, because of the huge numbers of people around and the increased mayhem caused by 'street entertainers' and the like.

oddnumberedcat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jul 2019, 12:02 am

I hate weekends and holidays.

I invariably find myself bored and feel out of routine. Right now, I'm battling my way through 4 days off (Thursday + Friday were off for the company).

I don't like vacations, either; I'd rather just do what I do every day. It's always a relief to return to my regular schedule.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 4:46 am

Yeah, I kind of get this.
I actually like weekends, usually, as a break from work.
But I'm just starting 2 weeks leave and that's thrown me, I feel really out of sorts. Just completely off-balance, like I don't know what to do with myself. Keep thinking about work out of habit, and getting urges to call up my colleagues.
Think it might take 2-3 days to get the hang of being on leave.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 6:37 am

I used to hate weekends when I had no driver's license and nothing to do. Now I look forward to them. I have tennis and work today.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Jul 2019, 6:51 am

I hate weekends and holidays because I'm supposed to spend them with my family.
Don't take me wrong, I love them, but... loving them is exhausting and I need time to recharge. I lack it when they don't go to work/school.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 4:15 pm

I have always liked weekends and holidays because of no school. Now it means no work either.

As for places closing on Sunday, sounds like you lived/live in a small town because lot of business are private owned so they close that day. It's only the chain businesses that stay open.

I can understand why some people might hate these days, not everyone has the same life as me and same priorities. I just do what I enjoy like watch what I like on TV, played with my toys as a kid, played on the computer. Now today it's computer and working in the yard and cleaning house, computer. Just normal stuff.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 4:20 pm

I dislike them because of the lack of structure, and because there are far more people around on the roads or in shops. Likewise, I can't complete things from my to-do list, like making phone calls for anything medical / business-related, sending email, contacting customer service, etc. It's just harder to accomplish anything. Of course when I was working M-F I loved weekends and I understand people who need that time to decompress, but now that I'm home every day I find weekends the worst.

laurenm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jul 2019, 11:44 pm

I get so thrown off with holidays

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2019, 3:13 am

Glad I'm not the only one who dislikes holidays. They cause a lot of disruption.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2019, 6:35 am

Not really. Sure it's a little annoying if I end up having to go grocery shopping on Sunday and have to wait 'till 12 for my usual place to open and it's annoying if I have to go somewhere not a walking distance away since the bus comes once in an hour on Sundays but other than that, not really. I've more or less built myself a weekend routine that won't get disturped by these things most of the time.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2019, 9:34 am

I love weekends. My weekend routine is morning training, followed by a nice hot shower, a little cleaning of my apartment, grocery shopping, cooking a TON of food to eat throughout the week, and watching a movie on my couch while I eat my carefully prepared meal. Sometimes I'll shake things up a little and eat a meal at a place I like near a movie theater, then I'll watch my weekend movie in the theater. I don't do this every week though because it can get expensive.

Sometimes my SO, or my parents or siblings will call to chat a little and check in. Other than that I am left to enjoy peaceful solitude. I can even wear the super comfortable clothes I like most. So what if people at the grocery thing I'm homeless because of the holes in my sweatpants. :lol:

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 3:42 pm

I can't relate as I have never in my life disliked or hated weekends and holidays.
I loved my routine going out the window, because my routines have been forced on me and been things I hated, was bored with and fed up with, like school.

I have always loved any free time I have, and have never lacked interests to focus on or things to do. I love being free to do what I want when I want to.

All my routines have been unwanted so any break in them were always a good thing.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765