Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jul 2019, 8:22 pm

its the way it is

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 8:29 pm

But it can reduce the stress that causes problems.

l live in a single family home with quiet neighbors. I avoid many of the issues Aspies have when living in apartments.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 8:35 pm

Money can't fix everything -- this is true.

But poverty fixes nothing.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:44 pm

IDK maybe it could...I mean sh*t if I won the lotterry I could get me and my boyfriend a house and still have money left over to help my dad with getting a place.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 9:45 pm

Nothing can fix autism but it doesn't hurt to have therapy for it. I haven't been to therapy in ten years because I have happiness and I am not being bullied. I just feel going to therapy would be a waste of time for the therapist and for me. I don't want to take their time when that time can be used for someone else who needs it. Therapy is for fixing and learning to cope and learn strategies. I have been there already. If you feel nothing about you is broken and you don't intend to change, why go?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2019, 7:25 am

I agree money can't fix autism, but it can help by having a therapy sessions that you need every week or simply getting the medication you need to help you out with it all. Money can help, not fix.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 11:45 am

It can't fix autism. However, the money can be used to purchase that Kinks T-shirt that I've been wanting. That's the type of therapy that makes me happy. I'm lucky because there's a place down my place where I can get free counseling. That little extra item to help myself change in a positive way would be a bonus. Money can pay for a trip which would also be therapy.

sadana
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jul 2019, 1:24 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
It can't fix autism. However, the money can be used to purchase that Kinks T-shirt that I've been wanting. That's the type of therapy that makes me happy. I'm lucky because there's a place down my place where I can get free counseling. That little extra item to help myself change in a positive way would be a bonus. Money can pay for a trip which would also be therapy.

it looks tragic and desperate

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 7:58 pm

Thus far a "cure" for autism has not been invented

But $$$ can get you:

Lawyers
Bodyguard
Occupational therapist
Applied behavior analysis
Speech therapy
Technology

$$$$$ food, chef
Chauffer

Psychologist

Which is better than nothing

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 1:20 am

No, but enough money could solve lot of the problems autism brings. Can't handle the loud neighbours in your apartment? Buy a house. Don't have the energy to clean that house? Hire someone to do it for you. Can't relax without spending enough time with your special interests? Make time by hiring someone else to do all the necessary stuff etc.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 8:47 pm

CockneyRebel,

For me, it would be a trip to a tennis tournament to meet one of my favorite players. That would be therapy for me, along with the physical exercise I would get on the tennis court.