Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ConverseFan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Aug 2019, 10:30 pm

I have my cousins staying at my house for the rest of the month. They are visiting from far away. My 2 male cousins constantly make fun of me. My female cousin is very nice to me. I like hanging out with her. I just feel uncomfortable around my other cousins because they make fun of me for everything and there was an award they made up for most awkward. I got it. My youngest cousin also likes to make me flinch. I flinch easily because of sensory issues with sound and touch. They also lie to me and take advantage of me and I don't realize until somebody else tells me, like my older female cousin. Now every time they tell me something I go and ask other people about it, so I don't make a fool out of my self. I almost always get excluded by them too because they always leave without me even though I said I wanted to go. Also they use humour I don't understand and they wont tell me what it means. Usually people like my grandma or older cousin make them stop, when I am at my grandparents house. I feel like they make fun of me because they know I have Autism. I wish they didn't know at all. I also wish it was not so frustrating to hang out with them. I always feel really stupid when they manage to trick me into believing things or when they make me do stupid things because they know I have poor impulse control. Just today I got in trouble because I climbed over someone's fence to grab a ball to play basketball with. They also got in trouble for that.

Ollywog
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Aug 2019, 3:03 am

I'm very sorry to hear that your cousins are treating you this way. The behavior you describe is not even close to okay. I don't know what the best thing to do about it would be, though. Maybe other people will have ideas.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 12:25 am

Sweet Pea hugs

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 7:35 am

ConverseFan wrote:
I have my cousins staying at my house for the rest of the month.

You speak of "my house" -- since you are only 18, I assume that you mean your parents' house?

ConverseFan wrote:
They are visiting from far away. My 2 male cousins constantly make fun of me.

I'm very sorry to hear about this.

ConverseFan wrote:
My female cousin is very nice to me. I like hanging out with her. I just feel uncomfortable around my other cousins because they make fun of me for everything and there was an award they made up for most awkward. I got it. My youngest cousin also likes to make me flinch. I flinch easily because of sensory issues with sound and touch. They also lie to me and take advantage of me and I don't realize until somebody else tells me, like my older female cousin. Now every time they tell me something I go and ask other people about it, so I don't make a fool out of my self. I almost always get excluded by them too because they always leave without me even though I said I wanted to go. Also they use humour I don't understand and they wont tell me what it means. Usually people like my grandma or older cousin make them stop, when I am at my grandparents house.

But your parents don't make them stop, when they are visiting your parents' house? Why not?

ConverseFan wrote:
I feel like they make fun of me because they know I have Autism. I wish they didn't know at all.

Sound to me like they'd probably be bullying you even without knowledge of the label "autism." Some people, alas, just like to pick on anyone who is different.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 9:20 am

(((ConverseFan)))

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 5:45 pm

Don't worry about your cousins.

1) They're inexperienced punks who try to torture and pick on someone who they know has a disability. Worse, a disabled family member. These are the types who grow up to be slugs, possibly facing time in prison. Don't worry about being left out by them. It's likely good for you they do leave you out. Who knows what things they do when adults aren't around?

2) They're not going to be around much longer. Just be glad they're not a permanent fixture in your life. Hopefully you won't have to spend much time around them for the rest of your life.

3) If they keep up their nonsense, let adults know they've been verbally and physically abusing you, and you don't feel safe with them around. Let not just your parents know. Let their parents know too. I'm tempted to suggest you let their parents know anything they've done they shouldn't have. "Squealing" on them? Tough. These are people you have no obligations to.

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

ConverseFan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Aug 2019, 9:52 pm

Sethno wrote:
Don't worry about your cousins.

1) They're inexperienced punks who try to torture and pick on someone who they know has a disability. Worse, a disabled family member. These are the types who grow up to be slugs, possibly facing time in prison. Don't worry about being left out by them. It's likely good for you they do leave you out. Who knows what things they do when adults aren't around?

2) They're not going to be around much longer. Just be glad they're not a permanent fixture in your life. Hopefully you won't have to spend much time around them for the rest of your life.

3) If they keep up their nonsense, let adults know they've been verbally and physically abusing you, and you don't feel safe with them around. Let not just your parents know. Let their parents know too. I'm tempted to suggest you let their parents know anything they've done they shouldn't have. "Squealing" on them? Tough. These are people you have no obligations to.

Yeah, they honestly make me feel insecure. When they include me in stuff its usually video games and staying up until 2 in the morning. They do a lot of truth or dare too. I struggle when my sleep schedule is changed. Also I hate playing truth or dare because I do stupid things due to having impulse problems.

I don't see them that often because they live far away and Im sort of glad because of that. My older cousin is good though and I like talking to her.

I have told people what happens and they talk to them about it. It doesn't seem to work. They are nice to me in front of adults. But my parents and grandparents as well as aunt and uncle know. They get annoyed as soon as I start telling them things that are lies. Sometimes I cant tell when other people are lying to me, so I repeat lies. That's when people talk to them. It has gotten better now that I did that again. I have chosen not to spend a lot of time with them. They also get me in trouble.