Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2019, 8:34 am

I rarely rant anymore these days. But I can't find the rant thread, probably because my eyes are red and flaming.

I AM RANTING NOW. :evil: :evil: :evil:

My husband usually can settle me down. He is at work. I am supposed to be working but I am so p*ssed off. I work really hard at my job. I am obsessively truthful and honest. But sometimes the liars and rumour mongers pile up on me. There is no place to for me to vent because I have to maintain my "presence" as a competent, stable adult. Which I am most of the time. BUT RIGHT NOW I AM PI**ED :evil:

Thank you for listening.

Okay. Back to work now. :D

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2019, 8:48 am

Sorry you're having a bad day - we all need a good rant once in a while!

Here's what you're looking for: https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28605&start=6840

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2019, 9:55 am

What happened, BlazingStar?

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2019, 10:38 am

Thank you, Bender Rodriguez. I am really feeling much better now. Just needed to get back on the horse and ride again after some cursing.

Kortie, It's complicated, in 25 words or less, an unscrupulous character stole a client from me, and the only way that could have happened is if lies were told. I think this bothers me more than other problems with my work because I prized highly my reputation as being an excellent coordinator. But I'm okay. Thanks for asking.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2019, 10:46 am

That really sucks. I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm sure the vast majority of your clients know how great you are!

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2019, 11:24 am

Yes, they do. And who wants to work for people who don't appreciate me? Even funnier is that this person has a LOT of complicated work to do and the new worker will have to do all that! Ha!

Also, I got a call from the Regional Office regarding working on developing more services in an area where there isn't any. So Regional Office knows I am good.

And on top of it, I have more clients that I need, and so having one leave is really okay.

Just needed to rant a bit.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 1:57 am

There was a woman who had a cleaner come in every week, until she retired and had time herself. Almost ten years later, she saw her old cleaning woman at the grocer's and, since they were about the same age, was amazed that she was still working. "However do you do it?" she asked.
"Oh, I only keep the customers whose eyesight is going away faster than mine."

I'm glad you got rid of a less-choice file. It is nice to see the fox wind up with just a mouth full of feathers.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 5:49 pm

Thanks, dear_one. I like the fox with the feathers line. I will keep that in mind.