Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

rapplepop
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Sep 2019, 12:12 am

It seems like autistic people tend to be Thinking types, and usually lead with Ti or Ni. However I have known some ESxP Aspies too.

I would guess INTJ is probably the most common MBTI type for someone with Aspergers followed by INTP. I don't know about other autistic people though, I feel like non-verbal autistic people tend to be sensors or feelers.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 3:29 am

rapplepop wrote:
It seems like autistic people tend to be Thinking types, and usually lead with Ti or Ni. However I have known some ESxP Aspies too.

I would guess INTJ is probably the most common MBTI type for someone with Aspergers followed by INTP. I don't know about other autistic people though, I feel like non-verbal autistic people tend to be sensors or feelers.

I think I've heard that the most common MBTI type for people on the spectrum is INTJ. I'm INTJ, and I've also gotten INTP occasionally but I get INTJ most of the time, so those two types being the most common for people on the spectrum wouldn't surprise me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 3:31 am

I’m ISTJ most of the time.

Justin101
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Sep 2019, 3:42 am

What's with the abbreviations?
I have been diagnosed with AS for many years and never heard of them, maybe because I kind of shrugged off having the condition and tried acting 'normal' for so long (not a good tactic, I now realise).
But please clarify your abbreviations...!

nouse
Raven
Raven

02 Sep 2019, 4:00 am

Well, overall autism diagnosis is a trend and psychiatry is not exact so it is very prone to following trends. There are other disorders out there that have fallen out of fashion and who are also eccentric.

Quick guide to this stuff
If you suck at sensing (like seeing what specifics objects are around you) but understand underlying principles of environment then you are likely Ne. If you can list objects in your environment with huge accuracy then you are Se. If you know how things makes your senses feel and manipulate it then you are Si. If you are in touch with life span like things that happen in time axis then you are Ni.
Ti: right/wrong. Te: how to make it work. Fi: my own emotions. Fe: influencing emotions via facial expressions and such.

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 5:03 am

I've never been able to get through a Meyers-Briggs test without giving up. So many binary choices in which I'm either repelled by both choices or equally fond of both.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 6:04 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
I've never been able to get through a Meyers-Briggs test without giving up. So many binary choices in which I'm either repelled by both choices or equally fond of both.

In those cases, the neutral option, or "neither agree, nor disagree" is the appropriate selection.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 6:48 am

I've been consistently INFP, but a bit in the middle of the TF continuum. I think the IN group are the least common of the quadrants

kmarie57
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Sep 2019, 7:55 am

I got a result of INFJ.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 8:11 am

Justin101 wrote:
What's with the abbreviations?
I have been diagnosed with AS for many years and never heard of them, maybe because I kind of shrugged off having the condition and tried acting 'normal' for so long (not a good tactic, I now realise).
But please clarify your abbreviations...!

These abbreviations refer to Myers & Briggs personality type. Everyone has a personality type whether they are NTs or on the AS. This link explains the abbreviations: The Myers & Briggs Foundation

You can take a test online for free and determine your personality type.

nouse
Raven
Raven

02 Sep 2019, 8:14 am

Mona Pereth wrote:

It is only about how you tend to think about stuff and your orientation to your surrounding environment.

Here is its core written by the conceptualizer himself.
http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2019, 2:02 pm

If I recall correctly, INTJ is the most common personality type for people on the autism spectrum. As for me, I don't fit neatly into one category. I always come out as very strongly I and also J, but I can get N or S and T or F depending on my mood when I take the test, although I think I've become more Sensing recently than I used to be.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

psychogirl

04 Sep 2019, 2:00 pm

aquafelix wrote:
I've been consistently INFP, but a bit in the middle of the TF continuum. I think the IN group are the least common of the quadrants

I am also always INFP!

Stardust_Dragonfly
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2019, 3:39 am

psychogirl wrote:
aquafelix wrote:

I am also always INFP!

Another INFP here. :D

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2019, 3:47 pm

Every time I did the test, it showed me to be an INTJ :) And I fully agree with it. I read that practically all folks who belong to this type, are men and boys, we, females, are in minority here.