Did you have a lot of tantrums as a kid?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2019, 4:29 pm

Between the ages of 9 and 12 was when I melted down the most. And oooh, boy were there a lot of them.

Had a meltdown a few times for losing in sorry or trouble.

Twice in my 4th grade year, I punched 2 different paras over silly reasons.

Got angry at my gym teacher when we didn’t play the game I wanted to play in adaptive PE.

Melted down at my grandparents house because my parents couldn’t pick me up at 5 when I had a baseball game at 5:30(I should’ve just asked my grandma to take me to my parents house to get my stuff, and then to the game

We’d have adaptive PE AND regular PE every Wednesday of my 5th grade year. One Wednesday I was sick, and when I came back the next day and it wasn’t a gym day at all, I threw a fit about it. I even remember going to the principals office that day.

Had a meltdown when a field trip in 6th grade got cancelled.

So much more.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2019, 4:57 pm

Autistic meltdowns yes, daily

temper tantrums, sort of? ODD ran break downs more like

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

JD12345
Toucan
Toucan

10 Sep 2019, 3:26 am

I reacted badly once when at my (paternal) grandparents' house. I was allowed to choose a biscuit from the biscuit tin but I could only choose one biscuit. My negative reaction was based upon a break in routine, as I would almost always have two biscuits at a time back home, but it was interpreted as child-like selfishness.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 4:32 am

I didn't have many, but when I had them, they were huge. I remember having one when I was 14. It lasted a long time and in the end only my sister could calm me down.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 7:23 am

No, I was very docile.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Sep 2019, 10:38 am

I guess crying until I turned blue and fainted counts.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 3:12 pm

Sometimes I did, like when I wanted to buy a small toy with my allowance money but didn't have enough because they never have the stupid taxes added to the price, and then I'd start bawling. I wouldn't be on the floor thrashing around or anything, I'd just be bawling. And then my mother would tell me how badly behaved I had been afterwards and punish me by not letting me go the mall again for a certain amount of time.

When I was in my preteens/early teens, however, I'd fly into rages because of things like the time I had come home from school in a bad mood, and my brother and his friends were being more obnoxious then usual and I couldn't stand it anymore, so I screamed "I wanna KILL myself!" and went to my bedroom. I heard my brother and his friends giggling hysterically and repeating what I just said in a mocking tone, so I completely flipped, threw my things around the room, and then hid in the bedroom closet until my mother came home. Some thought this was a part of my going through puberty while others thought I was regressing back into a two-year old.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 2:49 am

Tantrums? No not really.

Meltdowns on the other hand, were more frequent. I'd have to ask my mother just how much but I think it was at least more than the average kid will have a tantrum.