What is the highest level of education you have achieved?

Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What is the highest level of education you have achieved?
Didn't graduate high school 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
GED 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
High school graduate 21%  21%  [ 15 ]
Trade school 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Associate 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Bachelor's 27%  27%  [ 19 ]
Master's 27%  27%  [ 19 ]
Doctoral 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 71

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 7:55 pm

I'm still in my senior year of high school and will be taking an extra year, and working through the summer.
But I hope to get either a PHD or a PSYD in clinical psychology. Easier said than done considering my history with school, I know, but I still want to try.

What is the furthest level of education you have gotten to, and how did you get to that point?

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Last edited by Arganger on 19 Sep 2018, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 7:59 pm

^ Perhaps you can add a poll to this post and people can check the box that applies?

There Are Four Lights!

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 8:02 pm

Darmok wrote:
^ Perhaps you can add a poll to this post and people can check the box that applies?

Okay

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 8:33 pm

I have one Bachelor's, and I've taken Master's courses.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 9:12 pm

Erm, A-levels!
Here in the UK, we have GCSE's at around 16 years old (or O-levels back in my day); that's our "high school graduation", and the end of compulsory education. Optionally, you can take another two years to take A-levels in a 6th-form or college (roughly "community college".) A-levels are usually required to get into University, so you can't go from school straight to university; but our degrees are a bit shorter and only really have a "major" subject. I've no idea how equivalent the actual qualifications are, so I didn't vote.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 10:56 pm

Special needs college programme. If I could start over, I'd take psychology and sociology.

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2018, 11:10 pm

Left school at 14 because I hated it, had no qualifications until much later (I used to think that education was a conspiracy against The People), then became very interested in Literature so took it through to Master's level on a very traditional course. Was sort of interested in a Phd, but thought I might risk a mental breakdown through it so did not take it up.

LookWhoItIs
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2018, 11:37 pm

I have a master's, but the job market treats me like a high school dropout.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 12:07 am

I have earned a PhD in chemistry. For two of my undergrad years, I duel majored in nuclear engineering and synthetic chemistry before going strictly into chemistry. I could have finished both programs, but it was financially costing me too much for the overall gain. I minored in history, math and physics for my Bachelors' degree.

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 12:13 am

Is "Associate" the same thing as a diploma? Because that's what I have - a two year diploma post-secondary.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2018, 1:05 am

Same as Trogluddite. A-levels in the UK at age 18. When I left school I found myself either under qualified (no degree) or over qualified for every job I applied for.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 1:58 am

Sandpiper wrote:
I found myself either under qualified (no degree) or over qualified for every job I applied for.

Yes, it took me a while to work that one out after I flunked out of Uni.

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 4:25 am

I've a Bachelor's in Biology. Currently doing my Master's.

Arganger wrote:
Easier said than done considering my history with school, I know, but I still want to try.

It depends. If you struggled in specific subjects at school you may or may not need them for what you're studying at university/college. If studying itself is hard for you, it may be a bigger problem, but if you do something that really interests you that may change.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 6:49 am

I have a Bachelors in Journalism Arts and I've written for many different newspapers as a newspaper reporter but my obvious social deficits caught up with me and I couldn't pay back the loans as being a Journalist these days pays piss-poor to lousy.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 6:51 am

I have a Master's in English.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2018, 9:30 am

NorthWind wrote:
I've a Bachelor's in Biology. Currently doing my Master's.

Arganger wrote:
Easier said than done considering my history with school, I know, but I still want to try.

It depends. If you struggled in specific subjects at school you may or may not need them for what you're studying at university/college. If studying itself is hard for you, it may be a bigger problem, but if you do something that really interests you that may change.

My main issue is math (Which I struggle with even basic math), but I have an issue with doing really well at first but then starting to shut down as it goes on getting more and more sluggish and tired. Psychology has always been a special interest for me, so the main classes will probably be okay, but I'm concerned about any general education credits, and any math requirements to get in in the first place.

LD wise, I definitely have them of some kind but was for some reason never diagnosed. My guess is;
Visual Processing Defect
central auditory processing disorder (Not technically a LD, and I am officially diagnosed)
Dyscalculia
Cognitive dysfunction (Also not an LD, but affects my memory, time management, and focus)