a real life with all its problems or a fake life ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 11:05 am

I get feelings of increasing envy when I go online and see other people's 'perfect lives', it feels like they have more friends than me, they always go out and meet up at parties than me, have so many selfies and some of them try to make themselves look like contestants on love island, boast about having a great life which doesn't help my circumstances. I just feel like an unattractive boring loser with long hair (not very long) but I won't cut or shave my hair short because short or shaved doesn't suit me. I do think I try to compare myself to them to be as 'normal' as they are. I even feel envious that everyone else is worry-free and not stressing out or worrying about stuff as I do and think well how can you live a worry or stress-free life which seems to like you can control your worries and stresses but it must impossible to have a worry or stress-free life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 11:11 am

People BS all the time.

Many of these peoples’ lives suck, actually.

I like a real life far better than a fake one.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Oct 2019, 11:47 am

People sometimes make really elaborate facades of how happy and successful they are.
Being honest yourself, you naturally believe them to be honest.
They are not. They carefully choose what to show and what to hide to appear the way they want to appear.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

GonHunter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Oct 2019, 11:54 am

That's actually what leads to failure. They're just living a model, later they fail

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 11:55 am

Would those things really make you happy, or are they manipulating you into feeling that way?

I might see something which makes me feel that I'm missing out. Then, I feel badly about myself. When I stop and think about it, I realise I don't even want those things. I wouldn't want to go to parties, spend time with lots of people, manage hundreds of friendships, or take my own photo to plaster on the internet for others' consumption. All of those things make me feel sick, actually. I would much rather live my own life at my own speed, with privacy. It amazes me that more people don't feel this way. Perhaps they do want peace and quiet, but they're forcing themselves to be sociable ... which is even worse.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 11:58 am

I know people in their 40s, who are on a desperate merry-go-round of partying and crappy relationships, all of them are Facebook mad. Some of them have kids who are going off the rails, some have deep depressions.
I'm all caught up in my own projects, quite apart from all that and it feels OK. I do wish that I had kept in touch with the genuine good people that I met over the years, valuing those people is what counts in the end.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 12:19 pm

Real life... With it's problems... It's a good test, it's where one can directly interact solving the problem itself.
A fake life means to escape all the little ugly parts and remain in the obsolete yet comfortable places.

Even so, this isn't about what's real and what's less real.
Why not practice before diving into the nasty parts? Treat it as if it's some test of a pilot where one can learn and theorize stuff before practically applying it.

How about not to get caught up in the comfort of a 'fake' one and also not get caught up with the problems of a 'real' one?
Or either to keep scrambling yourself out of the real one, or cling too tightly with the fake one?

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 3:12 pm

Real life, definitely. I didn't have a bad life growing up, but I really wasn't experiencing a full life.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 5:42 pm

I'd rather live my real life than have that fake, perfect life that people like to fake.