Page 4 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2020, 12:18 pm

Cruciferous vegetables are a huge staple in my daily diet and my Autistic symptoms and traits are actually getting worse.

Wreck It Ralph

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2020, 3:07 pm

FeralDreamer wrote:
I'm not demanding a permanent cure necessarily but if a treatment or pill that can last for a time is enough to allow me to get into doing things that society demands us to do that we cannot then I'm ok with it.

agrees

where ever you go ,there you are

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2020, 11:15 pm

Jakki wrote:
FeralDreamer wrote:
I'm not demanding a permanent cure necessarily but if a treatment or pill that can last for a time is enough to allow me to get into doing things that society demands us to do that we cannot then I'm ok with it.

agrees

*nods head in agreement*

skibum wrote:
Cruciferous vegetables are a huge staple in my daily diet and my Autistic symptoms and traits are actually getting worse.

Problem is that I could not find any information about how high the dose needs to be to see any effects. It might be more then one could get from a healthy diet.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 1:24 am

they need to put that in a pill or capsule. i'd be first in line for it.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 11:27 am

auntblabby wrote:
they need to put that in a pill or capsule. i'd be first in line for it.

here have a pill ........................ if you get some spare cash might try this sulphurophane . if you do , its subtle , like might find a day has less emotional blow ups or stuff that feels like it . At least recovering more quickly from them. So far in my experience .

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 1:41 pm

I noticed today that at least during the morning today at work the lights there where not bothering my eyes. However after the lunch break the where once again hurting my eyes.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 7:13 pm

Sigbold wrote:
I noticed today that at least during the morning today at work the lights there where not bothering my eyes. However after the lunch break the where once again hurting my eyes.

???? dosage adjustment? more than 1 x aday ? breakfast again with lunch.
am seeing variations towards afternoons as well , but leaning towards emotional stress . may try this 2x aday aswell.

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 9:18 pm

Jakki wrote:
am seeing variations towards afternoons as well , but leaning towards emotional stress . may try this 2x aday aswell.

Indeed, during weekdays I am taking 2x a day.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2020, 8:04 pm

Sigbold wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Indeed, during weekdays I am taking 2x a day.

let the experiments commence , today first time . Have taken a 2nd one this
afternoon . am yet to qualify this . but gas seems to have not been a problem now. Find myself calmer and music seems more noticeable . (Only first day for a 2nd pill at 600 mg. ) Am hoping this continues .. 4 hours after administration. Entire previous week 600 mg once in morning only .
Will be very exacting if anything else that Might be causing this effect . Like perhaps a 2nd cup of coffee .. but not feeling the caffiene stimulant effect ,
or at least not so that would notice it. Am currently reducing coffee intake.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2020, 8:20 pm

Jakki, thanks for keeping us abreast of your experiment. I am continuing to take it daily. But like you noticed the effects are fairly subtle at least for me.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2020, 12:18 am

jimmy m wrote:
Jakki, thanks for keeping us abreast of your experiment. I am continuing to take it daily. But like you noticed the effects are fairly subtle at least for me.

your very welcome ..... been doing this for years with supplements, when your noticing shortcomings / be different than your peers from a very young age and taught to read at a equally young age . on your way to wondering , why ,
you might start to look find
ways to improve your deficits ..Luckily , did not like taking pills / meds/drugs. but found certain books by knowledgeable authors , whom explained trial and error methods .And these people used themselves as guinee pigs , over years and wrote about it . So learned this process early on .Several editions on their work. Scienctist , Phd level and MD level persons . Have had some great benefits over the course of my lifetime. Did have the benefit of a autistic pharmacist /gifted student type, help me understand chemistry around medications , Plus early introduction into general chemistry..
That might not have otherwise had . Will hope this stuff does something good,

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2020, 12:27 am

The trial and error method is also one of the ways I learn. Big Fan of that method.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2020, 11:17 pm

jimmy m wrote:
The trial and error method is also one of the ways I learn. Big Fan of that method.

8O ........... :D

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2020, 10:37 pm

Sigbold wrote:

Could work last Tuesday with the whole day without the lights bothering me. However yesterday it seemed to be a bit worse then usual.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2020, 8:12 am

Sigbold wrote:
Sigbold wrote:

Could work last Tuesday with the whole day without the lights bothering me. However yesterday it seemed to be a bit worse then usual.

Consider stuff you may or maynot be eating for your lunch , Am taking a 2 nd 600 mg capsule around 2 or 3 pm . The gas issue is practically non existant now . Am personally fond of finding away in the afternoon . to get horizontal for 20 mins. but with the added afternoon capsule has not been absolutely necessary . If your working under flourescents . You maybe in a tough spot.
Am knowing NTs people whom have problem with flourescents aswell. Having a source of natural in the room may help considerably . Have not experimented with the new natural light , led bulbs. (think they might be called full spectrum lights ) . Obviously this stuff is not a cure but it does appear to be a good aide
for Aspie type folks . Just my opinion so far .