Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ace33
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2019, 10:38 pm

My sister told me that she understands fully why I beat my dad up so bad that he was hospitalized for 6 months, and had to go through a year of Physical Rehabilitation, when I was 16...

But beating up old men doesn't make you a badass.

I told her first of all I agree, in fact I protect the elderly.

But I was 16, 17 years ago.
My dad was 57 years old.... Okay, maybe on the old side...
He wasn't 73 as he was a few years ago when he died of cancer..
Nor did he have cancer back then.

But too old for one last street fight ?
Come on.

And beating up little kids, 5 and 6, 7, through 12...
Let alone ones that love you...
Doesn't make you a badass either, how about that ?

How about beating up women, letalone ones that both love you, and have Muscular dystrophy and rely on you...
Doesn't make you a badass either..

How about that ?

How about it ?
Because that's what my dad did.
So I got him back.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2019, 3:42 am

I think what your sister probably meant (I might be wrong) is that while she understands why you did what you did

she doesn't want you turning into your dad. In other words don't deal with anger through violence. Your dad sounds

like a complete s**t and like he deserved it. I don't think your sister is worried about what happened on your dad's

behalf but on your behalf. How are you dealing with your anger and feelings today?

Ace33
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2019, 12:00 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
I think what your sister probably meant (I might be wrong) is that while she understands why you did what you did

she doesn't want you turning into your dad. In other words don't deal with anger through violence. Your dad sounds

like a complete s**t and like he deserved it. I don't think your sister is worried about what happened on your dad's

behalf but on your behalf. How are you dealing with your anger and feelings today?

I have PTSD, and I'm taking zoloft for it.
I work at whole foods.
I avoid the bad things and the bad sides of life, so that I don't deal with the damaging consequences of it.