who here dreads going to work at their unsuitable job?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

who here dreads going to work at their nasty job
MEE!! :( [nasty job, can't do any better] 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
meh. :| [not sure] 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
nah. i have a cushy gig :D 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
i hafta go to a nasty school :| 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
i wanna nice gourmet ice cream :chef: 54%  54%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 13

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 4:51 am

i've never been able to rate a job that i didn't absolutely dread. wasn't born under a sufficiently great god, i guess. every morning i'd toss and turn in worried anticipation, 2 hours before the alarm would go "AAAAAAAAAAAAA!! !" and tell me i have to go to that work-hell with hellish co-workers and hellish work conditions. :| who else here is in this boat also?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 6:14 am

I'm not sure... I don't like my job; it's boring and not enough of a challenge, but it's not like the idea of going to work causes me anxiety. That used to often be the case in my earlier jobs, but with this one it's very rare.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 6:26 am

^^^that sounds like you've made real upwards progress then! :wtg:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 6:31 am

I used to feel like that in my previous job. It was at a care home. I liked the colleagues and the elderly residents, but the job itself had a lot of things that triggered my anxiety.

For one thing I hated getting up early, especially in the autumn and winter months. It brought on depression and anxiety, even if I had a good night's sleep the night before.

The company wasn't a very good company to work for. It was a low-paid job, but they expected a perfect performance from everyone. The supervisors were under pressure to give us pressure, so basically they were forced to bully us into rushing around and doing more tasks than humanly possible in the shift.
There were 7 wings but I was often put on the wing that made me most anxious, just to be unreasonable (they knew how much I didn't like one or two of the wings).
You were often watched and you couldn't be self-sufficient. It was a very stressful job to be in. I'm glad I left and found a job that is 100% suitable for me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 6:33 am

^^^this is one definitive reason that you can be thankful. :wtg:

strings
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Oct 2019, 7:33 am

I like my job very much, but I still dread the Monday morning feeling after the weekend, or going back after the Christmas break. I don't know how to explain that...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 9:56 am

strings wrote:
I like my job very much, but I still dread the Monday morning feeling after the weekend, or going back after the Christmas break. I don't know how to explain that...

that sounds like not the job itself but the things around the job such as having to get up at 0-dark-thirty and feeling liverish in the wee hours, the commute back and forth there, dealing with a few brassholes at work, stuff like that. i had stressful work that was made immeasurably worse by all the aforementioned.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 10:12 am

Anxiety or no anxiety, dread or no dread... Forefront procrastination or completely dissolved of it...

I'd still suck at it, it's still unsuitable and it's still boring. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 10:18 am

Edna3362 wrote:
Anxiety or no anxiety, dread or no dread... Forefront procrastination or completely dissolved of it...

it was unsuitable, i sucked at it, but it was unfortunately NEVER boring! terror more like it, i would have given a tooth of my choice if it only could have been uniformly boring, THAT i can handle for 8 or 12 hours a day.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 10:27 am

auntblabby wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

it was unsuitable, i sucked at it, but it was unfortunately NEVER boring! terror more like it, i would have given a tooth of my choice if it only could have been uniformly boring, THAT i can handle for 8 or 12 hours a day.

Taking in 8-12 hours a day of boredom is true in my case.
Yet 8-12 hours a day of urgency and impatience will take a toll on my mental health, and prime my mind towards procrastination.

But 8-12 hours a day of terror and dread?
That's something I've yet to know if I could actually able to handle it, let alone do it properly...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 10:46 am

Edna3362 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

Taking in 8-12 hours a day of boredom is true in my case.Yet 8-12 hours a day of urgency and impatience will take a toll on my mental health, and prime my mind towards procrastination. But 8-12 hours a day of terror and dread? That's something I've yet to know if I could actually able to handle it, let alone do it properly...

i had no choice, i didn't want to end up jobless/homeless again, so i put up with it for 2+ decades and it almost killed me, got adrenal exhaustion at the end.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Oct 2019, 10:54 am

Does being a mother count as a job?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 10:56 am

magz wrote:

of course, the toughest job there is in this world. i would dread being a parent worst of all as i have absolutely no abilities in that regard, it would be like expecting a fish to juggle or a cockroach to ride a bicycle.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Oct 2019, 12:45 pm

auntblabby wrote:
magz wrote:

of course, the toughest job there is in this world. i would dread being a parent worst of all as i have absolutely no abilities in that regard, it would be like expecting a fish to juggle or a cockroach to ride a bicycle.

I enjoyed my last job but parenting drained me to the point I had to quit... and it still drains me below my regenerating capability.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Oct 2019, 4:17 pm

I used to dread going to work when I was in my previous job but I don’t have that feeling in my current job. Where I am now is far more aspie friendly and the job is a much better fit for me than my previous role was.

Oakling
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 6:01 pm

I’ve just finished a month at a new part time job. It is ok, but I do dread going in anyway. The people are generally nice and the organisation’s focus (though not my role in particular) is related to one of my special interests, but I find the relating to others draining and I spend evenings agonising over whether I’m doing/saying the right things or not. I wish I could get my act together and figure out a way I could work from home on my own schedule.