Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 8:16 am

Got up late-ish ie 9.30. It's now 13.04, but in no way does it seem like over 3.30 hours have passed. This feeling of losing time is quite disconcerting.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 8:30 am

Did you sleep late or something??? I guess it could be concerning if it becomes a habit.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 9:01 am

I went to bed just after midnight. That's on the early side for me .

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 9:14 am

Maybe nothing to worry about.

You probably just got caught up in playing Minecraft and lost track of the time.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 9:35 am

Is this uncommon for you?

I personally find that time flies on daily basis. Both my hours and months fly by. I thought that was common the older one gets. That's how it's been for me anyway, and it's certainly not speeding down. So I wouldn't worry since it happens all the time for me.
And even more if I'm really into a game, book or something on my computer.

The only way it would worry me would be if I felt weird somehow, and worried I might have had a fit or something. But if you feel fine (like no confusion, or no problems lifting your arms, no weakness in one side that could indicate a stroke or something like that), I wouldn't worry about it.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 9:54 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Maybe nothing to worry about.

You probably just got caught up in playing Minecraft and lost track of the time.

Never played it . I'm to computer/video games what Ed Wood was to film directing .

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 10:04 am

More like I find it annoying when things like this happen. That's why I always set the alarm even on my day offs. Sometimes the days still feel wasted, like when I sit down watching tv for too long in the morning.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2019, 10:09 am

As one gets older, time does seem to proceed faster.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 3:08 am

Happens to me occasionally. Simply because I'm mentally caught up in something and don't pay attention to the flow of time.

Sometimes the opposite happens. I think it's getting late and realize not much time has passed since the last time I looked at a clock.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 3:13 am

firemonkey wrote:
Got up late-ish ie 9.30. It's now 13.04, but in no way does it seem like over 3.30 hours have passed. This feeling of losing time is quite disconcerting.

I just remembered that's supposed to be an indication that you have been abducted by aliens, and your memory of the encounter was erased.

IsabelleFoster
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Nov 2019, 5:07 am

EzraS wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

I just remembered that's supposed to be an indication that you have been abducted by aliens, and your memory of the encounter was erased.

haha, it`s really funny)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2019, 8:11 am

IsabelleFoster wrote:
EzraS wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

haha, it`s really funny)

Funny but also true in that many people claim theirs or others unexplained loss of time is the result of an alien abduction.

"13 sure signs you have been abducted by aliens (but don’t realise it)

1. LOST TIME

Missing hours, or days in which you cannot remember what happened. Does not include missing days due to alcohol."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.u ... 16464/amp/

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2019, 3:10 pm

I often lose track of time. Especially when I procrastinate. However, I can also become absorbed in my work when I get into a flow. So much that even though I planned to have lunch at say 12 PM, I end up taking a break to make lunch at 2 PM instead.

A considerable amount of my time in University is self-study. Which means that there is a lot of flexibility regarding what I can do with my hours. This is simultaneously great and terrible. :lol: Building and sticking to my own schedule is the difficult part. I've always struggled with time management, but I find that certain habits help me be more productive.

Quote:
- Getting dressed before having breakfast.

By doing this I feel more mentally prepared for the day. Otherwise I'm tempted to just stay in my pyjamas, and I don't want to do much work when I'm in my pyjamas. So I become lazy and keep putting off getting changed. When I get changed into an outfit first thing, I can't prolong wasting time.

-Dressing up as if I'm going somewhere.

Even if I'm merely spending all my time in my room that day, I like to dress as if I plan to leave at any moment. So if I'm feeling fairly unmotivated I might wear one of my favourite jackets or t-shirts. It usually improves my mood and helps me get into a better mindset.

- Changing location.

When I try to work in my flat, I often find it tempting to crawl back into bed and scroll endlessly on my phone or to have a nap. So I bring my laptop to the library instead. That way it isn't an option. By checking in and out of the library at certain hours, I can stick to a more regular work schedule. Also, I am surrounded by people who are working which strangely makes me motivated to do so.

There are certain spots which I frequent that I'll walk to. I find them good for brainstorming new ideas or just thinking in peace generally. Sometimes I'll discover a new area for this.

When I meet with people, I'm usually either surprisingly early or disappointingly late. I remember back in school I was late meeting up with a friend one day because I got caught up in completing a jigsaw puzzle and forgot to keep an eye on the time.

I find that time often goes quickly (except summer break, that tends to drag on personally). So, it doesn't worry me. However, what does is when the days seem to blur into one. My sense of chronological order is lacking. What is particularly jarring is when something I thought happened two days ago actually happened three weeks ago. Or I'll think something happened the day before when it actually occurred on the same day.

My brain seems to mostly categorise events by associations. Similar occurrences are sometimes shoved together in my memory, until I realise that event A couldn't have happened shortly before event B because that doesn't make any sense. I'll walk into somewhere and something will trigger a sense of familiarity. Then I'll sift through a bunch of memories and find the most relevant one. Proceeding to patch the information together.

Certain stimuli can take me by surprise. For example, there is a perfume that was popular where I grew up. So when I do come across it, I wonder if the person wearing it knows that area because I so rarely come across it anywhere else. I can't describe the smell, but I know it when I pass it. Which might sound creepy, but I just have a heightened sense of smell. I don't go around intentionally smelling people if that's what you're thinking. :lol:

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Nov 2019, 11:41 pm

Despite the ADD, I have times where I get so focused on something I lose track of time. I'll forget to eat or have something to drink.

Of course, if someone interrupts me then everything is lost and I can't get back to focusing on anything.