Anybody share WP content w/those who are not WP members?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2019, 2:32 pm

Sending links of selected WP content to people who are receptive towards further understanding the Autism Spectrum is one important-step to boost awareness.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2019, 3:21 pm

I share WP posts with nonmembers all the time and encourage people to come here to interact with us and to get to know us. Some of the most educational information about what it means to be Autistic comes from here and I share posts from here with professionals who work with or treat Autistic people.

Wreck It Ralph

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Nov 2019, 7:10 pm

I haven't done that, but I guess there wouldn't be anything wrong with it. But I personally might check with the person I wanted to quote and see if it was alright with them first.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2019, 7:38 pm

I just recently read part of the the parody “neurotypical disorder” to an NT and she was laughing hysterically while repeatedly saying “so true”. I also recently sent Jim Sinclair’s “Don’t Mourn for Us” to an NT.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2019, 8:48 pm

glider18 wrote:
I haven't done that, but I guess there wouldn't be anything wrong with it. But I personally might check with the person I wanted to quote and see if it was alright with them first.

This is a public site. Anyone in the world can see what we write at anytime and we are all writing anonymously with screen names.

Wreck It Ralph

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Nov 2019, 8:57 pm

That's true, but I am just saying for me if I were to post someone's comments to some other site, I personally would ask them first. That's just me. There were a couple members several years ago that wanted to post a couple things I had posted, and they had asked me if I minded. It's just a matter of what makes us feel comfortable when posting other's comments. While I don't think it wrong for others to post without asking the poster, for me, I just feel more comfortable asking first.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2019, 10:15 pm

Oh, I now understand what you mean. I did not know you meant posting people's posts to other sites. I never do that. In fact, this is the only Autism forum site that I belong to. I share posts with friends directly by emailing the links to the posts to them.

Wreck It Ralph

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 9:17 am

JustFoundHere wrote:
Anybody share WP content w/those who are not WP members?
Only in a generalized and aggregated way, sorta like how some sitcom characters often refer to a relative who gets into all kinds of trouble, but whom no one has ever actually seen or met.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.