Is anyone hearing the global hum right now

Page 6 of 9 [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 9:15 am

My mom has a tinnitus hum. She says it sounds like bees. My tinnitus is a high pitched ring.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 9:16 am

naturalplastic wrote:
How can magnetism be "heard"?

The Schuman Resonances are magnetic vibrations. Not sound vibrations.
Could it be possible to hear magnetic vibrations? The are vibrations after all.

Wreck It Ralph

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 10:19 am

skibum wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
How can magnetism be "heard"?  The Schumman Resonances are magnetic vibrations.  Not sound vibrations.
Could it be possible to hear magnetic vibrations?  They are vibrations after all.
Electromagnetic vibrations and sound-pressure variations are not the same thing.  Unless you have a condition known as "Synaesthesia", you will not be able to hear light or see sound.  If you do have synaesthesia, you likely have other mental/emotional problems as well.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 10:32 am

Fnord wrote:
skibum wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
How can magnetism be "heard"?  The Schumman Resonances are magnetic vibrations.  Not sound vibrations.
Could it be possible to hear magnetic vibrations?  They are vibrations after all.
Electromagnetic vibrations and sound-pressure variations are not the same thing.  Unless you have a condition known as "Synaesthesia", you will not be able to hear light or see sound.  If you do have synaesthesia, you likely have other mental/emotional problems as well.
Thank you for explaining. I understand better now. I do have some synaesthesia. I experience and understand some things in colors and color patterns. I don't have it as strongly as others do but I do have it a little bit.

Wreck It Ralph

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 11:32 am

Yes. Sound is waves through air molecules (changes in air pressure). Not the same as magnetic,or eclectro magnetic vibrations. Humans can build devices that transmit and receive electromagnetic radiation, and use that technology to transmit sound (ie radio transmitters and recievers). Use one wave phenom to convey information in the form of another wave phenom. But I don't know of anything in nature that would respond to the earths magnatic field by translating it into sound.

In fact I have never even heard of humans with synesthesia doing that: hallucinating color just because you walked between two guys with walkie talkies, or rode past a cell phone tower.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 11:41 am

skibum wrote:
But I also just found this article
https://www.wired.com/2009/08/hummingearth/

Interesting. The ocean is structed in such a way that waves meet off the west coast of north America, and those combined waves combine to punch the earth in the groin via the sea bottom causing the planet to hum at 10 cycles. Very low.

Could that be it? If so then the hum has always been there forever. But might be more noticeable in some areas than others.

strings
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Nov 2019, 11:42 am

skibum wrote:
glider18 wrote:
Although some sources say the Taos Hum wasn't first reported until 1991, there appears to be a legend of the hum dating back many decades before that. Here is an interesting article on that.

https://www.legendsofamerica.com/nm-taoshum/
I think it is something happening within the earth itself. 2% of the population can hear it.

Quoting from the article "The “hum” is not detectable by microphones or VLF antennae, leading many to believe that it is not a man-made sound; but, rather, just one more of Mother Nature’s mysteries."

I depends what one means by "one of Mother Nature's mysteries," I suppose. If the hum is not picked picked up by microphones (presumably it has been checked with high quality, high sensitivity equipment) then the explanation for why some small percentage of people believe they hear something most likely lies in the psycho-acoustic processes in their own heads.

Of course some people like to believe that there are all kinds of natural phenomena that lie beyond the understanding of science. But, as has been said, the power of suggestion and imagination in the human mind can be very strong. A mundane psychological explanation seem to be much more likely in a case like this.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 12:28 pm

I heard it last night.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 12:51 pm

strings wrote:
But, as has been said, the power of suggestion and imagination in the human mind can be very strong. A mundane psychological explanation seem to be much more likely in a case like this.
I don't think so. As someone who personally experiences this, and as someone who has traveled and lived all over the world, I know that this is not power of suggestion or imagination or mundanely psychological. I know exactly where I hear it and have heard it and when and where I have not. This is definitely an actual sound. And you can't be influenced by the power of suggestion if you have been experiencing something that was never suggested to you prior to your experiencing it. I researched it BECAUSE I was experiencing it. I did not experience it because I researched it.

Many people, including family members accuse me of becoming Autistic BECAUSE I researched Autism. They claim that I was not Autistic prior to my diagnosis and only became Autistic because I took on the symptoms and traits from researching it and getting diagnosed. We all know how ridiculous and ludicrous that is. It's the same thing with this. I understand that people who do not experience this hum directly cannot understand but trust me, it is very real and it is not coming from me or from anyone else who hears it. It is something outside of us that we are hearing.

Wreck It Ralph

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 12:54 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I heard it last night.

What did it sound like? Did it shake your bed like you said above?

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 12:54 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I heard it last night.

What did it sound like?

Wreck It Ralph

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 12:55 pm

I feel like at least some of the "hum" emanates from one's own ears.

I'm not denying the "hum's" existence. But I do know that some sounds from my ears sound like a "hum."

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 12:59 pm

Yes, there are some forms of tinnitus that are, in fact, a humming sound. My mom has tinnitus like that. But this is definitely not tinnitus. I have tinnitus also but it's a high pitched ring.

Wreck It Ralph

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 1:18 pm

The hum is actually from the server running the computer generated matrix world we live in.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2019, 1:21 pm

EzraS wrote:
The hum is actually from the server running the computer generated matrix world we live in.
Love it Ezra! I have to look for black cats to find the glitches!

Wreck It Ralph