Post Something That Made You Stressed Today.

Page 5 of 11 [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2020, 12:10 pm

I just discovered that I'm dressed entirely in pale turquoise. 8O :roll:

latency
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2020, 12:10 pm

The thought of trying to show my scars to my mom. I'm hesitating and pushing it away a lot.
The thought of becoming poor due to the financial crisis in the country.

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2020, 10:12 pm

Where I live, they are forcing everyone to wear masks in any stores. I work in a store, and am forced to wear a mask. I have sensory issues, and any fabric or covering across my face no matter the type causes me extreme discomfort. My doctor won't write me a note exempting me from wearing one. I have to work because I need money to live on. I also like going to stores because shopping is fun for me as long as there are no crowds. I can't enjoy anything with my face covered up. I'm really upset about the government taking more and more of our rights away because of some silly flu virus. Like 95 percent of people have very mild symptoms!! Where will the government stop? When will it end? It makes me really angry and I've been getting way more aggressive and hostile than normal. Once again, people like us are made to suffer and are overshadowed by the needs of "high risk" people with more visible disabilities. Are they the only ones whose rights matter? Please don't try to start a debate with me I don't want to argue with people. I'm just sick of suffering for other people's sake. Aside from that, I feel like I have no identity anymore. No one can see my face, and our faces are an essential part of who we are. It's like what they do to women in some Muslim countries, force them to hide themselves away and be anonymous. I can't take it anymore. Sometimes I get really violent and nasty thoughts and I came really close to lashing out at people at my work :evil: :x . My son is so opposed to the mask requirement he refuses to go in any store until the law is lifted and if I didn't need money so bad I would do the same. I tried to complain on Twitter but there were too many NT trolls on there who don't care about people like us or what this is doing to everyone, especially people on the spectrum, so I deleted my account.. Can anyone relate??? Again, please no debates or trolls or people saying "we need to save everyone from the horrible plague" and stuff like that. It's bull and I don't care to hear it. If you don't agree please leave me alone. We are both entitled to our opinion thank you.

Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard

B19
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2020, 10:44 pm

Your post was reported because no member can dictate how other members respond to another member's post, as long as both post within the rules, in a civil manner. Members can comment on your expressed views, and if this distresses you, you can ask for the post to be removed, which might be the best course of action for you.

I appreciate that you are under stress but blaming other members of the public and Muslim women for the directive in your country to wear the protective C19 mask comes very close to unacceptable comment on WP.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 10:55 am

AspiePrincess611 wrote:
I'm really upset about the government taking more and more of our rights away because of some silly flu virus. Like 95 percent of people have very mild symptoms!! Where will the government stop? When will it end? It makes me really angry and I've been getting way more aggressive and hostile than normal. .

I have been cross-eyed upset at this post since I saw it. This is NOT a "silly flu virus" as some claim in order to protect their wealth. It is capricious, but quite deadly. People who can't wear masks can probably use shields instead, but they are far fewer than the 5% of the population who are at mortal risk. There are people who didn't take precautions because they though they were in a low risk group. They are dead now, but probably have killed many others on the way. Governments are never perfect, but if we want to live near other people, they are inevitable. Fighting public health orders endorsed by the great majority of medical professionals is antisocial in the extreme.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 11:00 am

Americans.

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 11:24 am

Schoolwork and how much I have of it coming this week

My Tumblr

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 2:37 pm

AspiePrincess611 wrote:
Where I live, they are forcing everyone to wear masks in any stores. I work in a store, and am forced to wear a mask. I have sensory issues, and any fabric or covering across my face no matter the type causes me extreme discomfort. My doctor won't write me a note exempting me from wearing one. I have to work because I need money to live on. I also like going to stores because shopping is fun for me as long as there are no crowds. I can't enjoy anything with my face covered up. I'm really upset about the government taking more and more of our rights away because of some silly flu virus. Like 95 percent of people have very mild symptoms!! Where will the government stop? When will it end? It makes me really angry and I've been getting way more aggressive and hostile than normal. Once again, people like us are made to suffer and are overshadowed by the needs of "high risk" people with more visible disabilities. Are they the only ones whose rights matter? Please don't try to start a debate with me I don't want to argue with people. I'm just sick of suffering for other people's sake. Aside from that, I feel like I have no identity anymore. No one can see my face, and our faces are an essential part of who we are. It's like what they do to women in some Muslim countries, force them to hide themselves away and be anonymous. I can't take it anymore. Sometimes I get really violent and nasty thoughts and I came really close to lashing out at people at my work :evil: :x . My son is so opposed to the mask requirement he refuses to go in any store until the law is lifted and if I didn't need money so bad I would do the same. I tried to complain on Twitter but there were too many NT trolls on there who don't care about people like us or what this is doing to everyone, especially people on the spectrum, so I deleted my account.. Can anyone relate??? Again, please no debates or trolls or people saying "we need to save everyone from the horrible plague" and stuff like that. It's bull and I don't care to hear it. If you don't agree please leave me alone. We are both entitled to our opinion thank you.

You have my sympathy. I always grab my keffiyah when I leave, with the intention of having my nose and mouth covered whenever I get out of the car, but I can't make peace with it for more than a few minutes and often forget to pull it up anyways. I rarely wore it covering my face on cold days, and the warmer it gets, the more unbearable it becomes. It's easier to have the best of intentions then it is to follow through on them consistently.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2020, 7:22 am

AspiePrincess611 wrote:

You guys need to hear this.

a. I have to wear this mask when I go out as well. It sucks but I'd rather wear it then get others sick.

b. Your rights end where your fists reaches my nose. People's lives come before your liberty.

c. My father has this virus. He is a senior citizen. Right now, he's doing better but it is those attitudes like yourself with your "rights" that is helping to keep this virus going instead of having a national shelter in place.

d. If you don't like what I and others say then don't f*****g post. You don't get to post without someone like myself to respond to your s**t. So accept that life is not fair and suck it up buttercup! Take your "rights" and shove them up your ass. My dad has this thing so eat it!

This post, ladies and gentlemen, pissed me off today.

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2020, 8:45 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:

You guys need to hear this.

a. I have to wear this mask when I go out as well. It sucks but I'd rather wear it then get others sick.

b. Your rights end where your fists reaches my nose. People's lives come before your liberty.

c. My father has this virus. He is a senior citizen. Right now, he's doing better but it is those attitudes like yourself with your "rights" that is helping to keep this virus going instead of having a national shelter in place.

d. If you don't like what I and others say then don't f*****g post. You don't get to post without someone like myself to respond to your s**t. So accept that life is not fair and suck it up buttercup! Take your "rights" and shove them up your ass. My dad has this thing so eat it!

This post, ladies and gentlemen, pissed me off today.

Trust me, you aren’t the only one pissed off by this post. I live in the same state as her and I think our governor has lead one of the best responses in the country to this thing. We were the first mid-Atlantic state to implement social distancing and a stay-at-home order. If you don’t like governors who actually give a crap about containing this thing, move to South Dakota.

My cousin and his fiancée, who are in their late 20s and live in Manhattan, are both survivors of this virus. He had it bad enough that he almost had to go to the hospital. Healthy young people can be have severe cases too.

One thing I will say though is that I agree that face masks aren’t great for people with sensory issues, but they are a necessary evil we will have to deal with until the virus is brought under control. I have a cloth mask made by a family friend which is much more comfortable than the store-bought ones.

#palestinianlivesmatter

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2020, 9:20 am

The trouble with Herd Immunity:
COVID-19 survivors could face neuropsychiatric problems

Those recovering from COVID-19 infections could be at higher risk of a host of brain diseases and disorders, warn scientists. Survivors of past viral pandemics — the 1918 flu, SARS in 2003 and MERS in 2012 — experienced brain disorders such as encephalopathy, mood changes and psychosis. There is already some evidence that COVID-19 affects the central nervous system, with some of the infected at risk of stroke and sensory loss. The full effects of the disease may not become clear for years.

Brain, Behavior and Immunity, April 13, 2020

Other Julie
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Apr 2020, 9:36 am

Neuropsychiatric issues? Wow. That is scary. The more I learn about covid-19 the more determined I become not to get it. Last week I learned that it can cause permanent heart and kidney damage as well. Stay safe everyone!

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Apr 2020, 10:29 am

I generally think that, while I support strict guidelines if they present a proportional public health benefit, we should also trust individuals to make decisions about whether their particular situation requires a slightly different approach.

I think if a state or country requires people to wear masks, then people who have a disability which makes it difficult for them to wear masks should be allowed to stay at home on full pay.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2020, 10:36 am

The_Walrus wrote:
I generally think that, while I support strict guidelines if they present a proportional public health benefit, we should also trust individuals to make decisions about whether their particular situation requires a slightly different approach.

I think if a state or country requires people to wear masks, then people who have a disability which makes it difficult for them to wear masks should be allowed to stay at home on full pay.

I agree with you in theory Walrus. The problem would be in proving this disability. My autism and ADHD reports both state that I have sensory processing issues including touch and texture, but of course they don't specifically discuss the use of medical or PPE masks. Actually, my report does say I can't sleep with a CPAP mask because of my sensitivities ... so maybe that's close enough. Unfortunately I think it would be hard to substantiate the claim for a lot of people, and employers wouldn't take it seriously in order to pay people a full wage. I wish there were a solution. I'm lucky because I don't have to go anywhere that requires a mask, but if I did need to wear one I'd likely be quite uncomfortable. I wear a blindfold for sleep and that's OK, but somehow I think a face mask would cause me to fidget with it and defeat the purpose. I can't wear gloves without nearly losing my mind, so again I'm glad I only need them when I disinfect grocery deliveries.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2020, 10:42 am

^^ Many of us don't have formal papers, but if we got relief, there would be a bandwagon sagging with fakers. I'd go with face shields or other work-arounds.
BTW, I wore dust masks regularly in a woodwork shop. I learned that when the mask went on, the sweater went off, for equal comfort. I keep one in my winter emergency kit.

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2020, 3:12 pm

The_Walrus wrote:

Yes!! !! Thank you!! !

Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard