Post Something That Made You Stressed Today.

Page 4 of 11 [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 8:37 am

I'm sorry to hear that

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 5:10 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia.

I've had it before but it's stressful because it doubles my self-isolation time.

Oh no! I hope you get well soon!

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 11:19 pm

Walking pneumonia? Why the "walking" part? What does that mean?

I woke up and found a mountain of dishes in the kitchen that my flatmate left. Oh, what fun!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 11:26 pm

renaeden wrote:

Walking pneumonia would be contrasted against cases where you're so sick you're bedridden. It's nothing more than another way of saying it's not 'too sick to still be walking' pneumonia.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 11:29 pm

My VOIP service with Magic Jack drove me nuts trying to restore it, but I really need a 'phone now. I decided to see what Skype might do. It took two hours to find out what it costs, which is almost ten times as much, along with many other deficiencies. Back to shopping.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 11:31 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
renaeden wrote:

Walking pneumonia would be contrasted against cases where you're so sick you're bedridden. It's nothing more than another way of saying it's not 'too sick to still be walking' pneumonia.

Ah, well that makes sense! Thank you very much, funeralxempire. :mrgreen:

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2020, 3:19 am

renaeden wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
renaeden wrote:

It's not that you are less sick, it's that you feel less sick. It's still super serious. I lost a friend to this.

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2020, 3:16 pm

People in my house arguing

My Tumblr

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2020, 3:20 pm

Fern wrote:
renaeden wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
renaeden wrote:

It's not that you are less sick, it's that you feel less sick. It's still super serious. I lost a friend to this.

Agreed. It's considered an atypical pneumonia because symptoms can seem less severe (e.g., a lower grade fever), but I have a double lower lung infection and inflammation. It's bacterial, so I'm on antibiotics and steroids now but I'm certainly not "walking" anywhere. I can barely get out of bed from fever and malaise. My condolences about your friend. :cry:

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

12 Apr 2020, 4:44 pm

Something that has stressed me out today is my work even though I don't work today. Working at a grocery store isn't a fun job. I have been stressing a lot about bagging the groceries wrong, people waiting on me, I get worried, wondering if they think i'm being slow. Also having to put the heavier thing like cans and sodas at the bottom of the cart instead on the top of the pile of groceries.
I don't know how to handle it to be honest because i'm trying so hard but I always forget to focus on bagging or not get overwhelmed by these things.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2020, 4:46 pm

My Mum was stressed so I was stressed.

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

12 Apr 2020, 4:46 pm

AriaEclipse wrote:
People in my house arguing

I currently am trying to handle that as well. I feel as if people are arguing with me or someone is arguing with someone else every day. Hopefully it'll get better for the both of us.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2020, 4:55 pm

Just to be contrarian: I noticed that I'd waited too long to glue a loose chunk of rubber back on the sole of my shoe. Then I noticed that it had actually fallen off in the house!

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2020, 3:33 am

Spending 5 minutes debating with an over zealous supermarket worker. A palliative care key worker letter won't get you into the shops at 7am when there's paracetamol on the shelves but use the autism card and you can breeze right in.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2020, 4:57 am

I'm still wrestling with the shell game of getting telephone service at a reasonable price. My VOIP service with Magic Jack turned into an exercise in total frustration, and the only higher - rated similar service starts off with a bald-faced lie about their rates being only for taxes. How can there be taxes on no charges, and how can they be far more than what used to work?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2020, 8:41 am

My 3rd cup of coffee before 06:00.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.