Post Something That Made You Stressed Today.

Page 3 of 11 [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

DemophobicKlingon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2019, 5:42 am

Zakatar wrote:
DemophobicKlingon wrote:
I have been worrying about finding the right person and I don't want a romantic relationship revolving around "lulz randumb" and nothing else, and it makes me feel bad that people think I deserve a romantic relationship based around solely that. On the friendship level, okay but there is also an attraction element that I want, and someone who I can have a deeper discussion with when it comes to a romantic relationship. There is a whole list of things that set a line between dating and friendship for me and qualities that I look for in a person in a romantic partner that differ from just a friend. I've been worrying about having little dating experience at this point in life.

My feelings exactly. I have absolutely no dating experience so have no idea where to even start, but I also worry about who the right person for me will be. I want to be with someone who I can both lol around with and be serious with, preferably another autistic person since I believe I would have a much harder time relating to an NT. I have one female autistic friend who I've known since middle school and is in a healthy relationship with her bf, who it can get a little awkward talking to at times since I don't want it to seem like I am helping her cheat or whatever (that would NEVER happen, our personalities are not compatible in that way). This difficulty finding my second half makes me stressed every day that I think about it.

Yeah, actually, someone's sense of humor is what I can potentially connect on on that level, but I want it to be more layered than just that period. I know if someone wants someone else on the spectrum or a neurotypical depends on the person.

That is especially awkward if someone has a significant other but other people make assumptions about platonic chemistry between others, or you don't want to give off that vibe in general.

INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2019, 9:12 am

The patient that I am trying to "help" "take care of", woke me up at midnight

Then it fell and made a mountain out of a molehill

Yesterday unwanted visitors came. Even though I tried to clean up after the ass holes , ants in the kitchen

They were loud and crowded

Anxiety and depression gone haywire

Had a hard time sleeping

24/7 on call slave

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 5:28 pm

Loud ants are the worst kind.

Debt makes me stressed every day, including today.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 6:02 pm

My wife arrived for a week's visit. In addition to our relationship stress, this means routines are disrupted and my sons are louder and more immature. Plus there are several people talking over each other simultaneously, which I really can't deal with.

Last edited by Benjamin the Donkey on 09 Jan 2020, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2020, 6:05 pm

I started caring.

And realizing why I'm stressed; because the whole time, there's really no self-regulation involved underneath the state.

So I had to do it manually, mindfully...
As for why I just had realized it; because there were no contrasts to compare until recently.

What else I keep passing it off as a bodily norm when it's not?

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2020, 5:58 pm

Coronavirus Forces Closure of Ontario Pot Dispensaries

I'm glad I stocked up. Now I've just got to find the folks who didn't. Image

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2020, 6:41 pm

I'm taking on too many responsibilities, trying to take care of people.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2020, 6:46 am

Waiting to see if my mum is being let out of hospital today.

I had horrid dreams of us being evicted by Nazis.

My body aches

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2020, 12:49 pm

School (this semester and then summer session and Fall too) and worrying about my finals and how they are going to be set up since the campus is closed for the rest of the semester.

My Tumblr

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2020, 1:12 pm

Same as what makes me stressed every day: coronavirus.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2020, 1:51 pm

No paracetamol at the supermarket, which means asking for a prescription making a trip to the pharmacy.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2020, 1:54 pm

DemophobicKlingon wrote:
For yesterday, sharing the breakroom at work during my break. My boss keeping on asking me if I need anything, when I told him that I'm fine. I don't want to be a broken record.

It sounds like he was perfectly fine with being a broken record.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 2:51 am

Today my pull up bar fell off and I fell to the ground with it. I gashed my elbow in the process. It bled pretty good, but I patched myself up. I live alone, but I thought this was funny, so I texted a couple of dudes from my exercise club to tell them what happened, hoping to get a laugh... However, perhaps because I am a woman, or perhaps because I'm... different..., I just got lectured about how I should stop "acting crazy" and "leave that to the professionals" (which is funny because I am an international athlete). Also when I asked them to stop lecturing me like a child, I got the ever popular "Calm down." and "I told you this wouldn't end well".

Then I told him to go f*** himself and muted him for 8 hours ...guess I'll deal with the repercussions of that later.

Now I'm holding frozen peas to my stupid elbow. :| The whole thing is just stupid. I failed hard at a super basic exercise. I even failed at finding someone to laugh with about it.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 3:28 am

^^ The failure was not with your exercising, but with hardware installation. It is probably good to try to shake a bar down with inertia forces exceeding your weight. Best wishes for the healing.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 8:29 am

Fern wrote:
(which is funny because I am an international athlete)

I hope you give them enough rope to hang themselves before you drop that bomb.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2020, 8:31 am

I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia.

I've had it before but it's stressful because it doubles my self-isolation time.