Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 4:05 pm

One good thing about the pandemic is that, as a graduate student, I continue to be a TA, remotely. So I get paid just as much. But, at the same time, I came home to be with my mom for the duration of pandemic. So I don't spend any of the money that I make. So I will have plenty of money to spend once this is finally over. And the other good thing -- this one is not about pandemic -- is that I am done with my classes but still need to write a thesis. So I will be able to travel a lot (on the money that I have accummulated) without missing any classes. That would be totally awesome. I will probably take trains to some neighboring towns and stay at random hotels and explore the area.

What about the rest of you? Do you have any daydreams for what you will do after this pandemic thing is over?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 4:58 pm

When this is over I'm going to see my family and hug and kiss them, go to parties, and go to busy crowded places, because this quarantine has made me realise that freedom and normality is precious.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 5:01 pm

I hope they start opening most countries and states by mid May.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 5:07 pm

QFT wrote:
One good thing about the pandemic is that, as a graduate student, I continue to be a TA, remotely. So I get paid just as much. But, at the same time, I came home to be with my mom for the duration of pandemic. So I don't spend any of the money that I make. So I will have plenty of money to spend once this is finally over. And the other good thing -- this one is not about pandemic -- is that I am done with my classes but still need to write a thesis. So I will be able to travel a lot (on the money that I have accummulated) without missing any classes. That would be totally awesome. I will probably take trains to some neighboring towns and stay at random hotels and explore the area.

What about the rest of you? Do you have any daydreams for what you will do after this pandemic thing is over?

Model trains?

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 5:20 pm

Joe90 wrote:
When this is over I'm going to see my family and hug and kiss them, go to parties, and go to busy crowded places, because this quarantine has made me realise that freedom and normality is precious.

Wow, you actually get invited to parties?! That just reminds me how much worse my Asperger is than most people. I would totally go to parties too, if only I was ever invinted, which never happens.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 5:21 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Model trains?

No, I was talking about real trains. I like to travel.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 5:45 pm

QFT wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Wow, you actually get invited to parties?! That just reminds me how much worse my Asperger is than most people. I would totally go to parties too, if only I was ever invinted, which never happens.

Well my cousin said she was having a party after all this is over, so I will definitely go to that.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 5:53 pm

Joe90 wrote:
QFT wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Well my cousin said she was having a party after all this is over, so I will definitely go to that.

Do you get invited to the parties by people other than your family?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Apr 2020, 6:02 pm

Just turn up uninvited :wink:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 6:28 pm

Largely I will keep to my semi self isolated self as I am not a natural group type of person other then close family or very close friends. The difference to me is that I can feel that I can go for long drives in the car again so I can de-stress.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 6:46 pm

I'll do some celebrating ... some gloating ... and a little bit of mourning.  That's about it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Rails
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Apr 2020, 6:55 pm

I would like (although unlikely) to go back to Frankenmuth MI. It has been ages and there is all kinds of interesting things.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 6:57 pm

Rails wrote:
I would like (although unlikely) to go back to Frankenmuth MI. It has been ages and there is all kinds of interesting things.

I never heard of that place. But anything in Michigan I like by default: I did my first Ph.D. at the University of Michgian (Ann Arbor) and I wish I could go back in time.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 7:00 pm

I guess I must give you guys credit for your optimism. Even *if* the pandemic ends and we're still alive and unharmed, some other crap will happen. It always happens.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 7:03 pm

I'm going to visit my twin, who is moving to the next state over (an improvement, I'll only have to do a 3-hour drive versus a 10-hour drive). Hooray!
I'll also visit my mom, and my friend and her new baby. Finally.
Then... I will go to the library, antique shops, and plan a vacation (I very much need one).
I'd also adore a good swim.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

Rails
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Apr 2020, 7:13 pm

QFT wrote:
Rails wrote:

I never heard of that place. But anything in Michigan I like by default: I did my first Ph.D. at the University of Michgian (Ann Arbor) and I wish I could go back in time.

:? I guess that makes us rivals. My Parents when to MSU.