Prazosin for PTSD and Ambien for sleep
Propranolol as a beta blocker for panic attacks

Recently off Zoloft and Risperidone

I also take blood pressure meds and anticoagulants because of my stroke

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2020, 11:52 am

I don't take anything at this time. When I was a little kid, my parents made me take pills for paying attention and I had to work my butt off in school to get off them. Ever since I did I haven't had to take anything since then. Not gonna let those doctors run a fast one on me :'D

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 2:11 am

StarTrekker wrote:
I know statistics show that quite a high percentage of the ASD population is on prescription meds for symptom control or comorbid conditions. I'm on Abilify, which is an antidepressant; Effexor, an antipsychotic (I'm not psychotic, it's just supposed to help with emotional regulation and meltdowns); and Vyvanse, a stimulant most frequently used to treat ADHD (again, I don't have ADHD, but I have enough symptoms of it - impulsivity, disorganization, poor time management, etc. - to warrant the medication.) What all do you take?

Abilify is an antipsychotic and Effexor is an antidepressant, easy to get the two mixed up.

I take a few meds.

Haloperidol (Serenace) for tics and benztropine to counteract the side effects of haloperidol.
Moclobemide (Aurorix) for depression.
Lithium (Quilonum) for supposed bipolar disorder (I don't think I have bipolar, I've only had one manic episode and that was in 2011 when I started taking ziprasidone (Geodon/Zeldox).
Dexamphetamine for ADHD.

They're all the head meds. They haven't changed since 2013.

I'm on a Depo Provera injection every three months (it's a contraceptive but I'm on it so I don't get periods).
Caltrate, a calcium and vitamin D supplement because I have osteopenia in my hips and spine.
Metformin which is supposed to help me lose weight but hasn't so far.
Symbicort, an asthma preventer and reliever, I take 4 puffs a day.

Uhura
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jan 2020, 10:53 pm

I take several. I take anti-seizure medicines: Lamatrogine, generic Keppra, Phenytoin. I take Lyrica for fibromyalgia. I take Tylenol #3 occasionally for pains not from fibromyalgia. I wasn't diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome until I was in my 30s and have never been put on anything for that.

I take sertraline for PMS problems but am wanting to get off since I think it is making things worse. I am being put on Buspar but am going to get off of that as soon as I get instructions on how slowly I need to go off of it.

But I have been taking medicines for most of my life. As a young adult I was put on anti-depressants and then was off of them for years. But also as a young adult I got epilepsy and have been on anti-seizure medicines ever since then. It gets to be a habit that doesn't bother me.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2020, 11:14 pm

Sertraline for depression/panic disorder
Busperone for anxiety
Levothyroxine. cause I have a lazy thyroid

I also take extra vitamins B and D. since I tend to run low