Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Breaknoise
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2020, 12:02 pm

Hello,

The truth is, I'm posting this as a shout in the silence... I've been bullied from some members of my group at work for 2 years now. The truth is that I'm not performing for what I'm supposed to be hired for, which applies my area of expertise, so my motivation is not very great, but I'm doing the best I can.

In any case, today we had a meeting with a new boss, and he gave two management positions for to two members of the group, one of which is the one who has abused me the most. After that presentation, they showed an organization chart, and I was not on the list of people (and there were people I didn't even know!). I made all the effort to say it, and I pointed out, I am not in the list... He asked me to forgive him for forgetting, but how can you forget? We've worked together for almost three years! And there are people on the list who aren't even working with us (we're talking about 6 persons)...

At the end of the meeting, I had to go to the bathroom for 15 minutes and I cried, I cried because I felt totally isolated, because I was not considered, because they don't know that in my field I'm an expert, probably one of the best they have in the company, but they have me focused on tasks that are not my job, and even so, I do the best I can and I have never left anything undone and delivered out of time.

I'm sorry about this post, I needed to explain it, because right now I'm shaking and almost completely blocked.

Thanks for reading me

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 12:06 pm

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I can imagine how you feel, especially when you are feeling emotional about your new ASD diagnosis. I'm really glad that you spoke up and pointed out their error. I hope that you can have a private chat with the boss and clarify the details of your unique skill set.

I hope you have a better day now that you were able to vent. WP is a lifesaver in that regard.

Hugs

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 12:10 pm

Manipulators, cluster-b's, narcissists, etc do exceedingly well in the modern strategic worksite warzone due to manipulation of people and circumstances, jockeying for position, ambitious goals willing to crush the competition, and so on. No doubt your skills and expertise exceed those in your group. I've been bullied at a large organization for outperforming the top 2 people within 6 weeks. You have value and may be thought of as competition or a threat to their comfy lofty affairs. Hang in there.

timf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 1:38 pm

It might be an opportunity to consider working elsewhere.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 2:13 pm

pyrrhicwren wrote:
Manipulators, cluster-b's, narcissists, etc do exceedingly well in the modern strategic worksite warzone due to manipulation of people and circumstances, jockeying for position, ambitious goals willing to crush the competition, and so on. No doubt your skills and expertise exceed those in your group. I've been bullied at a large organization for outperforming the top 2 people within 6 weeks. You have value and may be thought of as competition or a threat to their comfy lofty affairs. Hang in there.

Did we ever work in the same place(s)? :twisted:

Breaknoise, you have my deep understanding and sympathy.

Breaknoise
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2020, 2:55 pm

Thank you all for your message of support. I usually change every 2 years, my limit is 3. Unfortunately, since I am an immigrant with a visa linked to my company, I cannot (yet) change jobs. But I think I'm going to start pulling some strings to see if I can change areas and toxic environments.

Thanks again, I think you are the best community I have ever seen.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 3:05 pm

Breaknoise wrote:
Thank you all for your message of support. I usually change every 2 years, my limit is 3. Unfortunately, since I am an immigrant with a visa linked to my company, I cannot (yet) change jobs. But I think I'm going to start pulling some strings to see if I can change areas and toxic environments.

Thanks again, I think you are the best community I have ever seen.

Been there, including living abroad and working for big corporations without being able to make a quick exit. Some of it paid off later.

Take care of yourself and watch your back - you'll probably be fine, but it's a soul-crushing experience.

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 9:42 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
pyrrhicwren wrote:

Did we ever work in the same place(s)? :twisted:

Breaknoise, you have my deep understanding and sympathy.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

dracblau
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Feb 2020, 9:12 pm

I totally feel your pain, I’ve been there. Some days it’s more difficult to not let it bother me. I’ve been known to reach out to someone who is also on the spectrum to bounce ideas and feelings off of them, so it’s good you reached out to people here.