Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

LucetheGoose
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2020, 12:09 pm

My name is Lucy though most call me Luce. I suffer from terrible anxiety and feel the effects of it every day and have done since I was about fifteen. Back then it was ok and only triggered at school but now everything seems to freaking set it off! Every day I'm throwing up, at home and at work. It's draining and leaves me feeling like I've just had the flu just weak and can't do anything. Speaking to colleagues at work is impossible, I struggle to breathe, be sick or come over faint.

I'm feeling on edge all the time. Sweating, trouble breathing and then there's the pains. All day and night. Pain in stomach, chest, shoulders. It's a living hell and there's no rest bite either. It's constant.

I've been feeling a bit low and suicidal lately as well. It's getting to me to the extent that I burst to tears this morning at work. My colleague gave me a cuddle so embarrassing!

Is anyone else like this? How do you cope with it?

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2020, 12:24 pm

It may be that you learned to suppress some things unconsciously to cope and function but things you can not process are showing themselves in the form of anxiety. Do you see a therapist or take any medication?

LucetheGoose
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2020, 12:33 pm

I see a therapist called Dani. She's nice, but it doesn't feel as if she does me any good.

timf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2020, 10:33 am

I may be helpful to consider specific anti-anxiety strategies. Often anxiety is aggravated by a sense of lack of control. Those actions that can re-establish a sense of control may help reduce anxiety.

There is a sort of bracelet called Greek "worry beads" that people in Greece use almost as a substitute for the activity of smoking. One can observe these beads being manipulated in one hand by men in cafes as they engage in conversation with others.

The use of a particular tactile stimulation as an automatic reflexive stimulation can be a method to assert a sense of control (one might also use finger rubbing, foot taping, or a breathing exercise).

Seeing some self-initiated action as a response to anxiety can help focus attention and just through the clarity of seeing "something" being done, can help reduce anxiety by increasing a sense of control.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2020, 9:22 pm

There is no way out than stop to fear that much what you are fearing and to recognize that your anxieties are always your biggest enemy. They are weakening you and you don't even have a real life anymore if you dont learn to overcome them. For this you need to start to give a sh*t on your anxieties. Learn to focus on different things. You are able to do it once you are really trying it. I wish you the power to get rid of them quite soon!

Once as a kid I had a reoccuring nightmare of a black witch who was hunting me. One night I realized that it was just my anxiety that gave her the power over me. I stopped all my anxiety and got rid of her. Your anxieties cause you a bad life! For this stop them by starting to give a sh*t on the things that you fear. You are able to do this! :twisted: :!: :heart: :| :D :sunny: