Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 3:18 pm

I've never been a great one for going out. The current virus has added to that. I'm increasingly phobic about doing so . It especially applies to going into places like cafes and stores . Whilst I can understand the need for measures to deal with the virus I'm worried about inadvertently messing up , and getting a s**t storm of abuse .

Blint
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 3:25 pm

firemonkey wrote:
I've never been a great one for going out. The current virus has added to that. I'm increasingly phobic about doing so . It especially applies to going into places like cafes and stores . Whilst I can understand the need for measures to deal with the virus I'm worried about inadvertently messing up , and getting a s**t storm of abuse .

It is incredibly difficult during this time and this I can very much relate to you. Had a woman once freaked out because I had completely forgot that it is even a thing. The thing is, in some places especially where I live, the 2 meter rule seems to be disregarded.
Cafes are either closed or functioning as a take away.
Stores are slowly starting to reopen but following clear guidance.
Ideally, you should just go out only if it is essential to and just focus on getting to your destination and back. Otherwise, I wouldn't even bother.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 5:15 pm

Some "holier than thou" reptiles had the nerve to tell me "can you please practice social distancing?", When I had already walked past them

They talk too much and too loud and there are too many of them

karen

The new social justice warriors :

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 3:50 am

firemonkey wrote:

I feel exactly the same. I love shopping, I love going out, but I'm unable to do those things any more. It's making me feel very miserable. But shopping isn't the same when you accidentally mess up and get yelled at, or when things aren't clearly marked in stores.
I also hate being asked why I'm entering a store. I miss the days when you could just enter a store and feel welcome.