Meh probably won't be coming back here much more.

Page 4 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2020, 11:18 am

[MOD]

Okay, I cleaned-up this thread.

This is Sweetleaf's thread, so please stay on topic and avoid personal attacks.

[/MOD]

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2020, 1:05 pm

Whatever you decide to do, please take care. I have always enjoyed reading what you have to say.

LH42
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 May 2020, 2:01 am

I haven't really been an active member here since 2013 under my old account. I don't remember too many specific details about individual members, but I do remember that you, Sweetleaf, always stood out as one of the most kind, supportive and intelligent people on this forum. Wrong Planet would be poorer for your absence.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2020, 2:02 am

^ truth in those words

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 3:39 pm

I am bumping this thread because really maybe it is for the better.

Not going to rehash but there has been a little drama lately...and due to that I honestly think maybe I should take the hint and go.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 4:00 pm

I appreciate your capacity for reflection Sweetleaf, and you are one of those rare members who posts apologies when you consider that the right action.

This is a fairly rare and valuable ability without which WP would be less than it is.

We all make mistakes. Everyone. They are most likely to happen here, as posting errors, after being the recipient of a campaign of personal attacks, flaming and other obnoxious behaviour.

The inveterate sexism in the L and D subforum has been an ongoing form of member harassment for a long long time. That is what has to go from WP, not you.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 4:12 pm

B19 wrote:
I appreciate your capacity for reflection Sweetleaf, and you are one of those rare members who posts apologies when you consider that the right action.

This is a fairly rare and valuable ability without which WP would be less than it is.

We all make mistakes. Everyone. They are most likely to happen here, as posting errors, after being the recipient of a campaign of personal attacks, flaming and other obnoxious behaviour.

The inveterate sexism in the L and D subforum has been an ongoing form of member harassment for a long long time. That is what has to go from WP, not you.

I just feel like to remain here I am going to really have to start tip-toeing around and making sure to avoid posting responses to anyone I have ever had a conflict with or even posting in threads that they are actively posting in otherwise more conflicts are inevidable and it will just never end.

I do want to stay because I do remember a time when it was enjoyable to post on here and talk to other autistic people. But I just don't know if I can handle all the negativity and people bringing up conflicts I was involved in additional threads where the conflict didn't happen. I know its just bait and I shouldn't respond but being my dumb self I can't resist. I guess I am not really sure what to do, especially since with all this corona and protests going on I have had a harder time keeping my mental health at bay.

I seem to have a big problem with getting myself into trouble when I try to stick up for myself or turn someones own medicine(rudeness) back on them. It just ends up I make myself look like a fool and then I am an easy target to mock further. Its gone on since I was a little kid.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 4:27 pm

I have taken breaks from WP when the negativity and flaming here is in one of its "epidemic" phases. It is exhausting then even to read threads full of it, even when oneself is not the OP nor a poster there. The constant exposure to it can stress our physical, emotional and psychological energy.

Support is vital to recover from a long exposure. How about this option: would you be open to receiving support from trusted women members while taking a "recharge" break from WP? I would be happy to approach the women members you would prefer to receive PMs from, if you choose this option.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 4:49 pm

B19 wrote:
I have taken breaks from WP when the negativity and flaming here is in one of its "epidemic" phases. It is exhausting then even to read threads full of it, even when oneself is not the OP nor a poster there. The constant exposure to it can stress our physical, emotional and psychological energy.

Support is vital to recover from a long exposure. How about this option: would you be open to receiving support from trusted women members while taking a "recharge" break from WP? I would be happy to approach the women members you would prefer to receive PMs from, if you choose this option.

Well actually I think it would be best if I just take that recharge break and look to the people around me IRL, like my boyfriend, my mom my siblings and such for support. Seems even if I open this website in my browser it kind of makes me feel a little blech to be completely honest with myself. So may be best if I just recharge away from this website alltogether. I'll test the waters again in few weeks but cautiously and try and stick to more lighthearted topics on here and go from there.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 5:11 pm

You do what's best for you Sweetleaf, breaks are good :)
I hope that if you need support from an autism perspective that you always feel welcome here.

To be honest I will say that when I read the post that the mods already dealt with I did think that if that ugliness was tolerated then I or anyone else could easily be next.

Also I dont believe that all the people that replied negatively towards you done that without being prompted.

You know how the pm propaganda machine works... me I much prefer to have it out in the open, dont care much much for political games.

Different types of people find it easy to use others.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 5:28 pm

LH42 wrote:
I haven't really been an active member here since 2013 under my old account. I don't remember too many specific details about individual members, but I do remember that you, Sweetleaf, always stood out as one of the most kind, supportive and intelligent people on this forum. Wrong Planet would be poorer for your absence.

I'll vote for this motion.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 7:40 pm

:!: :arrow: :ncool: :shameonyou:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2020, 12:28 pm

sly279 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
LH42 wrote:

Pre 2016 sweetleaf was.
I miss pre 2016 wp.

Soo....

WP was a paradise prior to 2016? But then on new years day 2016 Sweetleaf, and everyone else, on WP, all grew fangs, and started to howl?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2020, 1:21 pm

sly279 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
LH42 wrote:

Pre 2016 sweetleaf was.
I miss pre 2016 wp.

I wonder what might have caused that.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by envirozentinel on 12 Jun 2020, 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.: this thread was not meant to become political

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2020, 3:43 pm

Amity wrote:
You know how the pm propaganda machine works...

Is this really a thing?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2020, 11:53 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
sly279 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
LH42 wrote:

Pre 2016 sweetleaf was.
I miss pre 2016 wp.

Soo....

WP was a paradise prior to 2016? But then on new years day 2016 Sweetleaf, and everyone else, on WP, all grew fangs, and started to howl?

No it got really and nov 2016 and never got better.
But it was building up months before that.
Not everyone just certain people.