Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Jon81
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2020, 3:19 pm

I believe my father is a level zero, at least in the environment he created for himself. He don't really need to do anything but stay at home and search the internet. No need to have visitors. Not a lot of things going on in the village we live in. 3000 inhabitants. He only needed to bike between his job and home. His job meant he could be for himself for 95% of the time, and the people he did have to deal with were truck drivers - and truck drivers have a special place on the autism spectrum of their own :lol:

So under those conditions he could function perfectly fine. Just couldn't handle the social part. Never managed to show up for graduation or other stuff that ordinary parents do. That's fine with me, I'm not one to cry over that sort of things.

One thing that always seemed very different with him compared to other parents was the way he presented in public the very few times he would need to go buy something. He'd just cut straight to the point without saying anything more. Like: -Battery, for a Volvo.
And with a really short and distinct tone. Awfully hard to say goodbye to people. Very narrow minded. If he had made up his mind, then there was really hard making him change his point of view.
Typical example:
Me: -Dad, can you pick me up when I arrive with the train tomorrow.
Dad: -There are no train on saturdays, so I won't come.
Then there is a long battle with him trying to make him understand the trains have a different time table today compared to 15 years ago.

Diagnosed with ADHD 2022