Does One Find Oneself Being Ignored In Group Conversations?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

RadioDog
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jun 2020, 3:46 pm

Fnord wrote:
A Short Story

I had gone to a seminar on Christian Missions Overseas....
The following morning, we were greeted by an administrator, who told us that every version of the Bible was welcome and could be used at any time during the entire seminar.  By lunchtime, three student had gone home....

Nobody except the professor talked to me for the rest of the week.

:D Not that I minded, of course...

Lol I found that very funny. Thanks for sharing :)

"Autism isn't an illness but it's a condition that messes with our ability to have our psychological needs met." - DuckHairback on this site.

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jun 2020, 7:04 pm

Yep, this is exactly me when I was younger. It happened actually only with people that specifically expected me to be the shy and socially awkward person that didn't have anything to say, cause they always knew me that way. So no matter if I had the best ideas/inputs/arguments, it was "unheard". It did not happen with people that I just met.. but they started doing the same after a while when they realized I was shy and weird.

So I'd say you have to gain a certain respect from people to make it unhappen. Show them selfconfidence and how eccentric you are. Giving smart answers and not letting people drag you down is essential.

Meanwhile I learned to show them from the beginning that I'm kind of a "dominant" and critical person and that I have things to say. But it doesn't always work.. Sometimes I feel uncomfortable and that's the moment where I avoid that circle of people strictly.

But very important to add: If someone does it to me I f*****g CUT THEM OFF