Would you ever destroy a car with an axe?

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

elihasthisnow
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jul 2020, 1:03 pm

Could I? Yes.
Would I? Probably not. If it's someone else's vehicle, I could be in some legal trouble. Nothing would ever provoke me to, but if it's my own car and I have some urge to use an axe on it, I would.
I don't think I would call it insane to do so. Could be an interesting icebreaker though. "Hey I destroyed my car with an axe today, what about you?"
Just an idea if you're looking for conversation starters :D

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 1:09 pm

I would probably just embarrass myself with how little damage each strike did if I tried that, even before my current health issues started I’ve never been strong, or even average. I also don’t ever have an urge to destroy anything, even when I’m as angry as angry gets or having a meltdown (I will throw any object I come in contact with, but the goal is to get it away, not to damage it in any way). Don’t know why, but it has always baffled me that people feel a need to break, damage, and destroy things when angry.

So the short answer is no, I can’t see any situation where I’d have any urge to do that.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 1:22 pm

This sort of exercise falls under the general class of therapy first popularized with tennis rackets hitting pillows. For that, I browsed my junk, and hung up a water-filled inner tube, and beat it with a stick. To see permanent results and get better sound effects, breaking glass bottles in a recycling stream is one possibility. I have a friend who by chance acquired a machete, and began taking out his frustrations on his overgrown paths. I think the exercise saved his life. Juvenile delinquents can benefit greatly by being allowed to weed a garden of their own plants.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 1:56 pm

It sounds like fun. Wouldn't an axe keep getting stuck though?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 3:08 pm

^Exactly. Better to use a sledgehammer. Axes are better for wooden furniture.

I was toying with the idea of starting a U Tube channel devoted solely to blowing stuff up.

Old cars would be a good thing to use. I would stand on a high ground with the cars parked below. And one day I would just toss hand grenades onto the cars. The next day toss molotov cocktails onto cars. And then use sticks of dynomite on another batch of cars. Then compare footage ...so that the viewers could smell the bouquet, and savior the subtle differences in flavor between a car being exploded by a molotov cocktail vs a similar car being blown up dynamite.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 5:28 pm

Weirdness wrote:
I don't know if I'll ever reach a point when I'm sufficiently insane to be able to do this, but it seems like every single BOOM, destroys something in my mind... and if they're destroying me why can't I destroy them?

Honestly, I've never been one to hit things or people when i meltdown. I assume your problem is with the protests. which the best thing for you to do is try to ignore it focus on something else. Also just because other people are doing something doesn't mean you should. Also, Sometimes it can help just to get the anger out. For me, I normally try to escape my emotions, I'm bad at ignoring them till they pile up and i can no longer control them. That being said in the past, I only hit people if they are in my way, when i'm trying to find somewhere i can be alone. You just need to get yourself out of that situation. and If you can't try to avoid it. I've personally been really bad at this and have been known to get in long winded arguements with people i disagree with. My dad always says not to stoop to someone's level. The reason you can't destroy them. Is because it's wrong and responding with violence never helps the situation. Now you're post is extremely vague so i can't really help you much more than that. But yeah I don't think anything could make me destroy a car with an axe unless it's in my way or It just needs to be destroyed with an axe. (Could I destroy a car with an axe?). You could also take this from the sound perspective. which i personally. as for Could i destroy a car with an axe. I don't think i have the body strength to do so. Even if I did i'm not sure if i'd have the motor skills to destroy a car with an axe. That being said it seems like a inefficent way to do so like let's not. Crushing and Blunt force would be far more effective.
TL;DR
Only circumstance i can imagine me destroying a car with an axe. Is if There were no other tools available. and for whatever reason, I had no other choice and the car was in my way.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 5:31 pm

In all seriousness, this would be an absolutely stupid and useless thing to do on many levels.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 6:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
In all seriousness, this would be an absolutely stupid and useless thing to do on many levels.

That sounds very close to a definition of fun. :-)

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 7:35 pm

I_am_Dax wrote:
Or, if they're in the USA, the 4th of July fireworks.

Yeah, I agree, a sledgehammer is a better way to destroy a car. Better be an old junker you bought for the purpose, though.

Actually no 4th of july fireworks. Atleast they are illegial.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 5:19 pm

Why would I want to destroy a car?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 9:54 am

Only if I did not have my nine inch angle grinder.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 10:03 am

I normally smash up wooden pallets with a sledgehammer if I need to work off some energy. It is reasonably hard work but otherwise quite straightforward, and produces handy firewood. [Just watch out for the nails.]

Attacking a car with an axe sounds very likely to end up damaging you more than the car.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 5:22 pm

If you want to completely destroy a car, a much better choice is a sawzall (mechanical chop saw). I have cut up two 1960s cars that I bought for parts using this method. The bodies were still in good shape overall but had underneath frame damage that would have been too costly to repair. It is best to pay the price and upgrade to nitride hardened cutting blades (or it will cost you both money and time with cheap blades constantly going dull in the process). I have a portable battery powered version that I can use if needed for cutting quarter panels on parts cars that I might find in a junkyard. New cars have such thin steel it is not much of a challenge to cut them with that tool. I like plasma cutters, but they often heat the metal up too much and cause warpage to the panel.

Weirdness
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jul 2020, 7:17 pm

To clarify, it is a noise issue but more car door bangs than music (although recently had an alarm too, but that was the first time ever, the former is a more regular problem). I've created other threads about this before, it just feels so hopeless and I seem stuck here and this after being forced to move here too, full of greedy people who can't be bothered closing doors softly. :x

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2020, 7:25 pm

At least they don't sound like they are sneaking up on you.
"It's quiet out there."
"Yeah, Too quiet."
Movie dialogue cliche.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 8:35 am

I'd never do that because I love cars.