Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Vegeta
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jul 2020, 7:55 am

I repeat things i dont mean and people bully me and beat me up for it im sorry i cant help it i try to. I cant help being repetitetive i try my mlbest to help it but im a failure being a human parrot at times even involumtary.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 8:49 am

One of the things that many Aspies have in common is that they are bullied.

A quick bit of research on the Internet revealed:
* Aspies are bullied much more than their typical peers. Perhaps as much as 95% of male Aspies experience bullying in school. This does entails physical assaults.
* Normally bullying peaks during Junior High School for boys.

Teasing and Bullying – Those terms are very understated. The term teasing and bullying are terms developed to protect the abusers. They minimize the offense. A more accurate phrase is cruel and relentless torture. In adult society, the terms used are physical abuse, psychological abuse, and assault and they are criminal offenses.

As a result of bullying, Aspies incur a tremendous amount of stress. This stress is not just a felling; it is chemical in nature. Our bodies release a cascade of hormones into our muscles and nervous system when we undergo extreme stress. This stress energy is store and unless it is vented will build up over time and lead to mental issues.

So you are having problems with echolalia. I suspect your echolalia becomes more pronounced when you are under stress. So the way to vent this stress energy (since it seems to be localized to your neck is to SCREAM.

The neck is a fifth limb. Many animals have two arms and two legs and one other extremity, their neck. They use their neck, vocal cord, jaw and teeth both offensively and defensively. Lions roar, bears growl, dogs bark and wolves snarl. The sound produces fears that can immobilize their prey. Herd animals will use vocalization to alert the herd of the predator’s presence. Many times it is the jaws of a predator that will rip their prey apart.

When an infant is in distress, the child will cry and scream. Individuals have been taught to constrain and control this action because this behavior is very disruptive. About the time a child sets off to school he begins to be ridiculed for crying – they are called “crybabies”. But by inhibiting this natural reaction, the stress energy is not vented but rather stored. And this stored energy needs to be vented and released in order to avoid distress. So the main question is “How does one scream in a socially acceptable manner as an adolescent or adult?

One needs to vent the stored stress energy in their neck muscles, vocal cords, and jaw. The best way is to scream at the top of your lungs several times. But this must be done in a socially acceptable manner. Never scream at a person. I live in the rural countryside and my dog is a free-range dog. When it is mealtime and my dog is up and about; I call my dog very loudly.

R-o-c-k-y. Come here puppy. R-o-c-k-y.
R-o-c-k-y. Where are you puppy? R-o-c-k-y.
R-o-c-k-y. Come here puppy.

I yell so loud that I can hear my voice being echoed back to me from nearby hills and mountains. My voice carries about a mile. The call is so strong that it borders on a roar. It is a very good feeling. It gives me a sense of great strength, like I could split a mountain in two just with my voice alone. I feel strong to my core. It is a great stress reliever or normalizer. And it is socially acceptable in the countryside.

One might try howling like a wolf at the moon. There is a member on this website from the New York City area that howls at the subway cars as they pass by deep down in the subway stations. But there are other ways to scream in a socially acceptable manner. A singer can do this if it is a very powerful song. A barker in the county fair can do this. A fan at a rock concert can sing along at the top of their lungs. Some commuters sing along to the tune on the radio at the top of their lungs while they are driving down the road. A spectator at a sports event can do this in cheering on their team. Even a Girl Scout can practice barking in front of the local grocery store when she sells Girl Scout cookies. Or find yourself a soundproof room.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 10:41 am

I’m very sorry you were beat up. :( That was wrong for something as harmless and personal as echolalia.

Just like with stimming, a lot of it is finding clever and low-key ways to redirect. For example, in a classroom setting, can you substitute writing for speaking? And then you might quickly skim through the notes before the next class drawing a circle or box around the important stuff.

And then maybe consider learning just a little bit of boxing. I like the theory of tight, defensive boxing to a draw, because you’re not trying to humiliate someone you’re likely to see again. Realistically, this only works against someone your same general size, and even then, a person is likely to win some and loss some. On the ones you win, be low-key, please don’t gloat or brag, for that would not be strategic on your part. And just like a lot of current research shows that American football helmets don’t really protect against cumulative head injury, we should assume the same is true for boxing headgear. Just say to the instructor at the very beginning, “I don’t want to take a lot of blows to the head.” And if he or she is not in agreement at this point with all the info available, find another instructor.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 11:29 am

When I was in Junior High School, I endured three years of bullying.

The types of physical assaults I was subjected to included:
* a painful kick to the balls
* a jab to the ribs
* strangulation with a noose
* a chokehold from behind.

That was almost 60 years ago and defensive technology has advanced significantly since then.

Protection from physical assaults can encompass more than just self-defense training. It can also include protective equipment.

One of the advantages to living in the modern world is that you can think of something, do a search using the computer and poof someone has already thought of it, built it and is now selling the product. So what if I had an Aspie son, how could I protect him? I would give my son a Kevlar jockstrap to protect the family jewels. A quick search on Amazon showed this type of product is already being built by a company called Nutshellz (sounds like an appropriate name). They make both adult and children sizes. They have two models – the first is made with Kevlar and carbon fiber and is primarily for heavy impact sports such as hockey, baseball, cricket and MMA. This is the type I would select for him. This type of protective equipment (Jock = Level 1 Cup] would help protect him from one form of attack – a painful one that I experienced on a daily basis – a kick to the balls. They also make a second type for police and the military, which has a higher strength material at its core called Dyneema – which is half the weight of Kevlar and is twice as strong and will withstand a 22-caliber bullet impact.

What about the jab to the ribs? Some lightweight impact resistant vest and jackets such as those using D3O impact protection technology look very promising. Some even look cool. Protection equipment can make him more resistant to physical attacks. But as a parent, you may have to run some interference with his teachers and school administrators, so they are aware of his need to wear this type of gear.

I would also instruct the child to always report any incidences of physical abuse directly to their parents; and not teachers or administrators. Bullying is a very complex problem to deal with. Many times a bully can effectively turn the table on the incident and accuse the victim of the misdeed. There is nothing more crushing than the victim being punished because they were bullied. But it is extremely important for a parent to know that their child is being bullied. They may not be able to solve the problem but if they do not even know the problem is even occurring, how can they attempt to fix it.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 11:06 am

jimmy m wrote:
. . . I would give my son a Kevlar jockstrap to protect the family jewels. A quick search on Amazon showed this type of product is already being built by a company called Nutshellz (sounds like an appropriate name). They make both adult and children sizes. They have two models – the first is made with Kevlar and carbon fiber and is primarily for heavy impact sports such as hockey, baseball, cricket and MMA. This is the type I would select for him. . .
I hadn’t thought of this, and I do like this, especially the aspect of a secret protective device.

Entrenched bullying is just a damn difficult situation. At best we can give a young person the higher probability skills which will take a while to work. It’s like teaching a new skill in basketball. Yes, it’s a better percentage, but it might take a while before you see a real effect.

And you’re right that teachers often weirdly, idiotically, blame the person who is being bullied. Teachers are normalists, not meaning that they themselves are ‘normal,’ whatever that means, which is okay. But that they are politically and by belief set in favor of ‘normal’ students, and especially that they are against anyone outside the norm. I guess in large part because it makes for more work for them.

What do you think of the following method for parents:

“ . . . beginning to be a problem. . ”

It’s a clear fiction because something has already been a problem for quite some time thank you very much.

But, it communicates to the teacher, I’m willing to forgive the past, but I’m going to be watching the future like a hawk.