Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

25 Aug 2020, 12:56 pm

I've had some bad ones, mostly when I was younger but a few as an adult. Bad tempers run in my family and I've got one, so it doesn't help. At my one job, I went off on a manager once, I was like 23 at the time and worked at a car dealer detailing cars. This manager used to ride my ass constantly, if I sat down for even 5 minutes it was "what are you doing? come on!" my legs were killing me that day . One day I just snapped and told him to get off my ass, my other boss came out of the office because I was literally screaming at the top of my lungs.

I remember a couple of bad ones involving my father. For moving my stuff without my consent and getting rid of something I used. There was one time for not warning me that we were having painters come to do paint the inside of the house, including my room. There was another time, we were coming home from vacation, it was a 2 day drive from South Carolina back home to Michigan. My father was acting like an as*hole the whole way home.

The 2nd day father would not stop to get something to eat, because he was determined to get home and make time. We got into a big fight when we got home and I got told that I was acting like a moron and all I did was do stupid things all the time. Then, I was made to be the bad guy and forced to apologize, my mother took his side.

The worst ever was at my current job, I still remember it well, it was Mid December 2012. All week I had gotten the same crap assignment. I had a manager at the time, who I am sure was purposely dumping on me. I had not been able to make rate quota( I work in a warehouse) and was about to be put on an evaluation. When I got my assignment I lost it, I started throwing things, swearing F bombs left and right, yelling, kicking things, and I stormed off. I heard later on that that some people never saw me in the same light again. One guy who would kind of pick on me, didn't after that.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 3:03 pm

One of my worst meltdowns was about 12 years ago. I can't remember what triggered it off, but I was in such a temper with myself, I was hitting myself in the face and head and yelling, "WHY CAN'T I BE NORMAL???! !!" and swearing and throwing myself to the ground and crying. My whole family were upset with me for behaving like that, and I can't say I blame them. I just got so angry about having Asperger's, I assume.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 6:43 pm

It's probably not the worst one, but the one that sticks out in my memory:

When my parents (basically) abducted me walking home from the bus stop so they could take me to a mental hospital :roll: because they thought (for no good reason) I was suicidal. Once we got there I lost it and a kicked a chair across the room, yelling at everyone all the while.

Roo95
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Aug 2020, 6:50 pm

My experience sounds similar to yours. Im 24 and I currently work as a detailer for 6 years at a car dealership. I had a few meltdowns during my time at a certain ford dealership due to poor treatment. I had to work with this guy who would tell manager he's busy and needs my help. Id end up having to do all his work while he sat on Facebook all day. Whenever something broke, like a hoover i was always blamed. One time he crunched up a roll of those candy hearts into dust and threw it into a car I just cleaned, just a general bully. Magers and office staff were just as bad. It became a thing for them to tell me things that were made up, knowing I was gullible and was bullied for believing everything. One guy even managed to convince me to eat a chocolate he found in the boot of a car, which I didnt know. I have issues with being extremely naive and gullible. I had to pay £380 for a cracked windscreen that I never broke and a key I never lost. Overheard office staff talking about me behind my back. Ended up telling the manager to go f**k himself, trashed my work area, broke knuckles punching a door and almost lost my job.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 8:15 pm

Roo95 its interesting that 'aspergers/autism' gullibility (aka generous Presumption n trust in other ppls honour n integrity)/ honesty/ etc

Parts are part of
A disorder in their view.

but this type of vicious malicious behaviour that you describe ...

that is more common more irrational (wayyyyyyyy more irrational when there was Zero reason to pick on u ) more hurtful and more intentionally destructive . yet that's ok and accepted

But then the result of what they were intending to do is a 'disorder' again?

Truly believe social psychopathy is 'nurtured' and trained into ppls psyche...

by encouragent in culture/examples/rewarded/ ...

to have so many of these types around totally without consequences...

Almost an equivalent :

People poke a tiger in a cage with sharpened sticks, jeering.
A whole crowd..at long last after daysor weeksof this..
tiger snaps... and growls and bites stick ..maybe even manages to escape ..

Tiger is put 'to sleep'...

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 8:26 pm

I don't think I have meltdowns :?: , more uncontrollable anger outbursts and completely losing my s**t and damaging inanimate objects.

I suppose my most public meltdown :?: was when I was a mod here and I lost my s**t and banned all the mods :oops:

Carpeta
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 9:10 pm

Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
I suppose my most public meltdown :?: was when I was a mod here and I lost my s**t and banned all the mods :oops:

I keep hearing about this event. Wish I had been here to see it. :mrgreen:

RAADS-R: 122.0

Not a doctor.

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 9:16 pm

Carpeta wrote:
Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:

I keep hearing about this event. Wish I had been here to see it. :mrgreen:

It was probably very boring to watch as it happened behind the scenes. I did post what I did but most people thought I was joking , there's a lesson to be learned there somewhere :jester:

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 5:25 am

It happened about 6 years ago. In public. It was my last serious meltdown. I'll not speak of it here as I try not to remember it myself it was that horrible and embarrassing.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 5:37 am

I can't remember getting "meltdowns".
I remember a social phobia anxiety attack once about 35 years ago.

Last edited by Pepe on 26 Aug 2020, 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 5:49 am

Once I smashed a glass over my forhead, another time I smashed a mug over my forhead, both equally bad meltdowns that ended in injury. If someone is going on and on at me beyond the point that I'm able to respond verbally this course of action presents itself as a means of halting their tirade and the next second I'm in a mess. I'll hopefully pre-empt that next time but it all happens in a flash.

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

26 Aug 2020, 12:33 pm

Roo95, Wow... just wow. When I was younger, my gullibility got me taken advantage a number of times. I hope you quit that job. I would of likely reacted the same way.

When I'm about to blow up, I always feel like the walls are closing, I'm drowning in a rip tide, and someone is playing Rap music cranked up to 10. Its awful.

gabbyandmrizzysmom
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Aug 2020, 5:05 am

My worst meltdown was just last week. I had a bad mental health weekend and didn't sleep much Sunday night/Monday morning. I was woken up a few minutes after 7am by the sound of a cement saw just a few feet away from my head. Shortly after the jack hammer started. I was pretty much frozen in my bed. The noise continued for a few hours. I screamed, I cried and was throwing things. I knew I needed help but I could barely talk to people I knew, let alone make a phone call to a stranger. I was exhausted and by the time I had the video appointment with my therapist Tuesday morning I could still hardly talk. I ended up talking to my social worker too and she helped me by making the initial call to the mental health crisis center because I didn't feel safe at home and couldn't make the call myself. I was admitted and spent 3 days there until I was able to calm down. I was so out of it I have no memory of a big chunk of my time there.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 1:50 am

My worst meltdown was probably when i freaked out at a grocery store and it lasted quite a bit. Or maybe the one where I cursed out my math teacher and slammed the door in his face. Idk i'm usually good at maintaining my cool and by that i mean bottling up my emotions so i don't normally meltdown in public. and for me personally public meltdowns are 10x worse for me

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 7:43 am

I did have a meltdown at my previous job. The boss and supervisor knew I had AS/ADHD but they still kept making me do the tasks that made me anxious and stressed, but let one or two of the other workers get their own way even though they didn't suffer with anxiety disorders. Also they knew what tasks made me anxious and stressed because I expressed it enough. Then a day came where I had a stress overload and I started shouting, yelling and slamming doors. I even nearly knocked someone over by walking very fast through the narrow hallways, which I got into trouble for. I understand that, but at the time I didn't care. I was just so overstressed with the unnecessary pressure I kept getting, and I was feeling trapped and helpless because I couldn't just leave the job without another one lined up otherwise I wouldn't have any money.

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 8:17 am

I'm usually pretty good at bottling up my emotions. One time I found myself in a new city in a social situation where everybody else had deep unspoken friendship ties. I found myself unable to "read" situations, and as a result my frustration with the whole lot grew unbearable. Finally, I got involved in a minor tiff...which my baseline paranoia and lack of insight magnified into a disaster. I began quibbling and quarrelling with the whole gang, and with anyone who tried to intervene.

Part of it is that I rarely if ever stood up for myself my whole life, and I probably projected a ton of stuff that previous people were responsible for into this toxic spill. Finally, I was blacklisted and 'gang stalked' out of town. Yes, that does happen in America. It was a slow controlled burn that ruined my life.