Page 19 of 19 [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2020, 5:25 am

Nades wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
Nades wrote:
For the 50th thousand time this thread has nothing to do with welfare. Its about the many aspies out there who are having so much misguided support that its making them struggle adjusting to life. There is a big difference between throwing people in the deep end and fishing them out if they're in trouble (like I've always intended) and letting them drown (like everyone else seems to think)

Doesn't matter whether it's about welfare or not. It affects welfare adn would affect their lives. It might not be the way you intended but again your not f**king omniscient. Who are you to decide who can and can't do something.

Who are you to tell people they can't do something? I'm not deciding what they can't and can't do too, have you not read anything I've said? I've said time and time again that if they can't do whatever it is then they don't have to carry on doing it.

And I've sad time and time again live doesn't always work that way. Alot of the time life isn't as simple as you aren't good at the job quit it. People are often forced into situations.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2020, 5:31 am

firemonkey wrote:
Your whole approach has been to suggest generally and very vehemently that people are getting too much support. To any reasonable person that can, without doubt, be seen as wanting to shame those who get or give support .

Given that the opposite is true, i.e people are far less likely to get the support they need than to be 'infantilised'/mollycoddled, you are way out of line.

For someone who doesn't like people making assumptions and accuse others of making them, you seem to make a lot of assumptions yourself about others.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2020, 4:01 am

Nades wrote:
firemonkey wrote:
Your whole approach has been to suggest generally and very vehemently that people are getting too much support. To any reasonable person that can, without doubt, be seen as wanting to shame those who get or give support .

Given that the opposite is true, i.e people are far less likely to get the support they need than to be 'infantilised'/mollycoddled, you are way out of line.

For someone who doesn't like people making assumptions and accuse others of making them, you seem to make a lot of assumptions yourself about others.

Dude, look at the issues of the people here on WP. A lot do need support but aren't getting it.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2020, 4:55 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Nades wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

Dude, look at the issues of the people here on WP. A lot do need support but aren't getting it.

I'm very aware of the problems many have. I've made my stance on the gross inadequacy of the DWP clear too. What I don't like is people tearing shreds into me as a person as much as my opinion and still somehow completely failing to come up with their own ideas or at least saying more than "aspies need more help". The idea of intentionally living your life on benefits on the off chance that finding employment causes issues with the benefits is beyond stupid in my mind yet people with thay very idea seem it's fitting to ridicule me for my idea.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2020, 8:18 am

Nades wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

I've based my comments on what you've said, nothing more nothing less. Your posts give a clear indicator of your positions on this issue. Hence there is no assumption taking place.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2020, 9:13 am

firemonkey wrote:
Nades wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

I've based my comments on what you've said, nothing more nothing less. Your posts give a clear indicator of your positions on this issue. Hence there is no assumption taking place.

Well you're not very good at it. 19 pages in and I've yet to specifically say what someone with ASD can and can't do. I only ever implied what someone might be able to do given enough attempts and didn't say anything about indefiantly trying and failing.

If you even bothered to read my original post that started this thread, I clearly said that not everyone can "blend in" yet after all this time you're still adamant I'm oblivious to the ones that can't cope.