Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2020, 8:54 am

Ganondox wrote:
If an IQ score is accurate it's not supposed to change over time, it's designed that way. I don't think yours is accurate though. Regardless, it's not important as IQ is just important, what actually matters is what you can do.

*IQ just a number

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Jon81
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Sep 2020, 3:19 pm

IQ is not a static thing, it can change. Your IQ is more a reflection of what you're able to do compared to peers. So if you "catch up" on your peers your IQ changes.

You have these autistic kids who can do pretty much insane things but it's only apparent for those who are working close to them, but if you present a test like that - what do you expect them to do? They're not even going to listen to what you're saying. My boys has really sharp memory and incredible spatial sense. But there's no way of testing just how good they are. You can only understand it when you see them react in certain situations.

I think the IQ test is a little bit ridiculous. Just what exactly are they trying to measure? Is that really intelligence? And the MENSA society... just go f**k off you arrogant geeks.

Looking at a IQ test it's often geared toward mathematical skills. If you know square rot, binary counting rules, recursion etc, you'd have a clear advantage.

Diagnosed with ADHD 2022

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2020, 4:11 pm

Thank you!

I understood