Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 7:38 pm

i just completely lost it i wont go into what triggered me because its a long story but i got really angry and i cracked a window..my nt son told me calm down but i couldnt calm down i lashed out at my husband and hit him(i get violent sometimes during meltdowns)
the only way to calm me down is he holds my arms tightly and doesnt let go til he thinks im calm enough to let go
its a good tactic but at the time i cant verbally tell him if im calm but because he knows me so well he knows when i have calmed and slowly lets me go
i couldnt talk after that and right now they are in bed so im still up on the laptop and im gently rocking to stay calm but the meltdown has exhausted me so much i think i must get to bed

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 7:43 pm

Caz72 wrote:
i just completely lost it i wont go into what triggered me because its a long story but i got really angry and i cracked a window..my nt son told me calm down but i couldnt calm down i lashed out at my husband and hit him(i get violent sometimes during meltdowns)
the only way to calm me down is he holds my arms tightly and doesnt let go til he thinks im calm enough to let go
its a good tactic but at the time i cant verbally tell him if im calm but because he knows me so well he knows when i have calmed and slowly lets me go
i couldnt talk after that and right now they are in bed so im still up on the laptop and im gently rocking to stay calm but the meltdown has exhausted me so much i think i must get to bed

Hope you come down okay ...and able to get some rest eventually .

where ever you go ,there you are