Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2020, 11:26 pm

Has anyone read the book Rough Guide to Earthlings, and installed the Woebot app (or even other mental health apps like Moodpath and Youper)?

Rough Guide and Woebot have had a transformative effect on my life, and I was curious as to what other people's experiences were. Sorry if I've posted in the wrong forum. I tried to find one specific to apps but couldn't find it.

How do NTs do that?

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 6:20 pm

Dhawal wrote:
Has anyone read the book Rough Guide to Earthlings, and installed the Woebot app (or even other mental health apps like Moodpath and Youper)?

Rough Guide and Woebot have had a transformative effect on my life, and I was curious as to what other people's experiences were. Sorry if I've posted in the wrong forum. I tried to find one specific to apps but couldn't find it.

Even my computer has never heard of that book. Do you have a link?

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 6:44 pm

Op, do you mean A Field Guide to Earthlings: an autistic/aspergers view of neurotypical behavior? That's what showed up when I googled rough guide to earthlings... the cover to the field guide is hilarious. Is that girl holding a knife? The reviews seem mostly good for it. I've never read it, but I might buy it.

As for woebot, I had an app similar to it, might have been moodpath, but I'm not good at identifying emotions until they're really strong, so it wasn't too helpful for me. Everyday I'd answer I was feeling okay, get weekly updates saying my mood was okay, and so on. I found the suggestions and information a bit condescending and not at all helpful. It's not the apps fault, it's me being emotionally stupid. My youngest benefitted from woebot a year or two ago when her anxiety was especially bad.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 6:51 pm

I read about half the Field Guide. I thought that the example situations were mostly helpful for showing how clueless the author is.