Are you missing out on life if you don't party ?

Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2020, 5:59 pm

I think sociologists would likely be able to write entire books on this subject,
analysing it from all directions.

If you go into the entire phenomena of partying, such a phenomena likely has been around as long as humans have been conscious. From primitive cultures, right through the ages to our own.

In today's world of course there is a massive variety in parties and partying, from normal free to the public events found on the high street of most towns and cities, to super exclusive super private parties only accessible to the few, which may involve all sorts of lavish and luxury items that we will never know.

I mean, reviewing even night clubs in one city, you will find a massive diversity between the experiences available.

Even in the small island that i live, there is a fair range of types of night life and pubs.
I have to admit however, when i was younger, when i used to frequent them every week religiously, as all the people of my age did. i did start to get bored, even with the excessive drinking etc.

I just found hanging out with the same people doing the same thing over and over and over again, week in and week out panning for interaction between the same narcissistic people who offered little in regards of real quality experiences in or outside of reality.

So, at some point in my development, i kind of dropped out of the main circle of friends and did become introverted.
Turning my mind towards learning to make EDM in one of a number of home recording studios.

Looking back on this, now that I know I suffer from Asperger Syndrome / ASD,
it makes sense why I did this.

As to be honest, i found the petty narcissism, petty squabbles and general ignorance of a lot of the people i was surrounded by very tiring if not offensive in some cases. Also, lacking in the small talk ability and having a strong sense of justice while being really hones, as well as being anti bullying / theft etc.

It made it harder for me to "fit in" with the general bunch of people who were around during these years, as many of them were petty spineless and snide petty criminals, who got off on bullying and hurting anyone they could.
i guess doing so, in order to get attention from the crowd but perhaps in attempt to pee on anyone's fireworks in attempt to make themselves look bigger and better than they really are (jealous people do this i have found).

So my sanctuary was to teach myself how to make music with computers, synthesizers and samplers etc. As well as traditional instruments.

And that is how i started on my path to making music. long and hard path, full of pitfalls but perhaps still one of my best ways of therapy and entertainment. Music is infinite and has the potential to create endless entertainment for its creators and listeners. Anyway

Some times being shunned is what creates an opportunity.

The original Rasta movement was created by people who were shunned by society.
Funny how many of the people who shun others love Bob Marley... but there ya go.

Turn your weakness into your strength Aspergerians!

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2020, 10:44 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Fear Of Missing Out.

I'm always a bit amused/puzzled by this. I never even realized it was an actual thing that existed until I was in my forties. Even then, for a while I assumed it was a fake/joke thing, because it just sounds so silly.

But no, apparently it's a social/psych thing to do with people having social anxiety because they're not able to find out about or be 'in the loop' with every social event and tidbit of knowledge that other people are. It has a Wikipedia page and everything.

I'm going to put being FOMO-proof down as a genuine advantage of autism combined with introversion.

GameCube
Raven
Raven

21 Nov 2020, 1:51 am

I don't think you're missing out on life if you don't party. It was never really my thing, but I did going to particles a couple of times in my early twenties. I didn't really enjoy it and I felt really out of place. I also don't get drunk as alcohol relaxes me and makes me less social.

I think it all depends on what makes you happy. For me its relaxing at home or working on one of my hobbies. Although people I know think this is strange, it is what makes me happy. I really don't have fun at parties and it shows despite my efforts to have fun.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 8:59 pm

I've never been to a wild party and I never felt that I was missing out on anything.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 9:09 pm

ahhh...poppycock!! ! You wouldn't WANT to find a life partner in such a place unless you like PAIN. It's a pick-up place for sex either as a one-night-stand or until they get tired of you. I used to go to these places when I was 25 and was looked at as being OLD to be in such a place. A lot of people who go there have people in their lives or are looking for a diversion. I used to like to go through jacket pockets left on bar stools looking for cash because I was bored. I didn't find any cash but I did find quite a few wedding bands. It made me sad. I did this for one summer and quit. I hate those places and always will. They take the "person" right out of you.