Anyone?? Literature that is good for identifying this?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Danusaurus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2020, 6:16 am

Hey all,

So I'm wondering and I'm sure likely not alone in wondering this but I'm wondering if anyone if familiar with some material useful in matching things such as lyrical devices to emotions associated with the use and structure of this, such as creative writing and developing a mental scenario for the reader or listener to assist in portraying a message or meaning. Setups for construction of complex vocabularies not limited to idioms, syllables to complete multi structure and compound sentences, simile and so forth - to avoid confusion, essentially just something that would be a good aid in matching words with emotions. Thanks all.

Dani. :D

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Wales,UK Relationship: Single Interests: Trains AgeGroup: 40's FavouriteColor: Green Music: CyndiLauper Pets: Cats and Ducks

23 Nov 2020, 7:16 am

Uhmm. Sorry. You have lost me. Is somethingmy Mum understands and would excell at.

Danusaurus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2020, 7:37 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Uhmm. Sorry. You have lost me. Is somethingmy Mum understands and would excell at.

MG.. I don't suppose your mom comes in literature form? :mrgreen:

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2020, 7:48 am

"The words are the words of English, but the sense is the sense of confusion."

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Wales,UK Relationship: Single Interests: Trains AgeGroup: 40's FavouriteColor: Green Music: CyndiLauper Pets: Cats and Ducks

23 Nov 2020, 7:57 am

Danusaurus wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Her mind does... :D

Danusaurus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2020, 9:21 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Danusaurus wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Her mind does... :D

I'm guessing she doesn't mind a book. :) :lol:

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2020, 6:55 pm

People's emotional reactions to words are determined by individual experiences, so I don't see how what you're asking for can exist.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 5:25 am

The question is a bit confusing...
I'm thinking you want a study of music lyrics for matching words to emotions on a basic level,
Or maybe something like Shakespeare plays for getting into the language of emotion in more depth?

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 1:30 pm

Danusaurus wrote:
Hey all,

So I'm wondering and I'm sure likely not alone in wondering this but I'm wondering if anyone if familiar with some material useful in matching things such as lyrical devices to emotions associated with the use and structure of this, such as creative writing and developing a mental scenario for the reader or listener to assist in portraying a message or meaning. Setups for construction of complex vocabularies not limited to idioms, syllables to complete multi structure and compound sentences, simile and so forth - to avoid confusion, essentially just something that would be a good aid in matching words with emotions. Thanks all.

Dani. :D

This is very confusing to read. I think you mean like literature that you can read then use that to relate your emotions to but I don’t see how you’d need a specific form of literature for that just say like. I Feel like Royce Melbourne when lost Gwen (He was driven off the edge and committed murder) Or something along those lines. If you are looking for a specific book, I can’t really help you with that. I think all literature is kind of used in this way. I mean the point of literature is to send a message you are supposed to draw meaning from it. As for the metaphors and things like that. Would be found in something more poetic in nature but That’d cause a lot of confusion because poetry needs interpretation and can be varied it’s like abstract painting many people can see different things in it.
I could also interpret this more along the lines of struggling to draw meaning from said literature like when you aren ‘t sure how the character feels about something and that I can’t really give advice on.. I guess just practice. I know when I was younger I often didn’t understand them as well. I know when i re-read the Harry Potter series i just understood so much more about it. Is it like that? If it’s that way writing it out might help. I’ve taken notes on literature before while reading it and it really helped me organize my thoughts. Trying drawing plot diagrams or writing notes about things about the literature or try creating profiles for the characters things like interests experiences strengths weaknesses. Rather or not you might want tod o that is up to you but yeah. Matching words to emotions hmm. I don’t know how to explain this all that well but usually in a book when a character feels a certain way they act a certain way. Like with Royce Melbourne his grief over his dead wife made him Go back to his murderous ways. I think looking into how people act when they feel a certain way will help you understand emotions better. When people feel sad they often become more withdrawn When people feel angry they often lash out. Etc.

Ψ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 1:38 pm

Hmmm...you want an "owner's manual" for your emotions? Or maybe "a field guide" for identifying your emotions? Like a birdwatching book for your emotions? :D

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 2:27 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Hmmm...you want an "owner's manual" for your emotions? Or maybe "a field guide" for identifying your emotions? Like a birdwatching book for your emotions? :D
If only it where that simple.

Ψ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 2:39 pm

Are we talking about good descriptive words, phrases or metaphors for different emotions? So they can be expressed properly, or at least the feel or gravity of them can be? Or perhaps used as a "scene setting" device, like describing a landscape?

There's certainly lots of research into the expression of emotions through art, colour, music, shapes etc. I'm struggling to think of a manual for words. I'm not sure it works like that?

P.S. I've just found some interesting results by Googling "creativity, words and emotions". Including an autism book, lol.

Is something like this helpful?
Emotional word chart