Question about borderline intellectual functioning

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 3:22 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Your mother is right.

All this time I believed that I have mild Intellectual Developmental Disorder. I am wrong. When I was in the psychiatric hospital for command hallucinations, I once told a nurse that I have milder form of Intellectual Disability and he told me that I do not have Intellectual Disability. He explained to me that I am very educated and I learn things differently due to Autism Spectrum Disorder.

I am sorry for arguing with you, you are right. I am too intelligent to have Intellectual Disability. I type and do some college level research and type in complex paragraphs.

It took me a long time to realize that they just suspected that I might have Mental Retardation Unspecified, but that report is too old, and they did that those tests when I was a toddler, way before I went to elementary school. I have changed a lot by those years, and only self-educate myself with restricted interests.

I am sorry for arguing with you, I feel bad!

Last edited by FranzOren on 31 Aug 2022, 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 3:24 pm

It's not a big deal. Don't feel bad.

Just realize that you have at least "normal" intelligence.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 3:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's not a big deal. Don't feel bad.

Just realize that you have at least "normal" intelligence.

Thanks!

I might have symptoms that overlaps with Intellectual Disability, but it's just I learn things differently than others.