Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2021, 9:49 am

I'm starting to really learn my lesson about saying yes and no...

During my training, we talked about leadership styles... Turns out mine is "relationship builder". Which means as part of it I have the tendency to sacrifice myself for others, among other things...

See, a few days ago the same young couple my uncle forced me to take into my place before reached out and said they needed a place now, plus now she's pregnant... I said yes but get on my lease... But thinking about how bad it would be to have a pregnant woman here due to give birth in three months and my little couz who has been convicted of domestic violence more than one, I said no this morning... I felt sorry for a young couple needing a place, but I also found out my uncle told them to reach out to me.

Then the other day, my uncle reaches out to me saying his daughter was selling a van for $1,000 (he knows that stimulus is coming soon) when I reached out to my couz however, she tried to tell me how good a van it was, but... They were repairing "minor damage from hitting a deer" and she actually upped the price, wanting almost my entire stimulus payment... I asked for pictures but she refused to send them. I had the courage to message her this morning and say no...

I mean I'm getting better but what can I do to improve this?

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2021, 11:45 am

Keep doing what you're doing! Every single "no" makes you stronger. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2021, 10:40 pm

I'm a yes person myself. I want to be remembered as a Sweet Pea.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2021, 10:49 pm

Yes Man