Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 3:59 am

EGO

They have absolutely ruined my favourite pastimes by making them all about ego and I hate them for it. I won't have anything more to do with NTs unless they stop trying to turn my favourite hobbies into an ego trip or need to be worthy.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 4:01 am

I agree. F- NTs. We shouldn't be so damned apologetic for their ilk.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 11:25 am

Brain wiring alone doesn't make a person an egomaniac. You're probably just associating with some people who fall into that category. There's a lot of it about, but if you keep looking you'll probably find some people who aren't so arrogant.

I remember this man - I guess he was NT because he did eye contact really naturally and he was popular - who was really friendly. He was talking to a couple of people, I walked up to try and join in, pretty much expecting to be ignored, and he altered his eye contact so that as he was talking, as well as looking at them in turn, he'd look at me too. He actually made the effort to include me. I don't know why most people aren't that considerate. My example isn't about turning hobbies into ego trips, but I don't think anybody with that much goodwill would be into that. Not everybody wants to be an insufferable prima donna.

Cuppacoffee
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Jul 2021, 5:26 pm

Surely you can have egotistical people of all size, colour, gender, age, IQ, ability, brain wiring, etc.

I consider one of my kids to be very self centred (that's the ego, right?) but he is the reason I am on this site trying to learn things, as it has been suggested he might be ASD.

Maybe you just came across a bad bunch of NTs?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 5:32 pm

So...

Big ego = self-centred

NTs have big egos

But autism = selfism

Help me out here...? :scratch:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 5:35 pm

Joe90 wrote:
So...

Big ego = self-centred

NTs have big egos

But autism = selfism

Help me out here...? :scratch:

It's not narcissistic when we do it seems to be the illogic at play here.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 10:06 pm

^
But did anybody actually claim that?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 10:10 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
^
But did anybody actually claim that?

Not yet, but I've been here long enough to have seen it said, although always in many more words.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 11:33 pm

Must confess to being a tad bewildered by that. Might be helpful if it was put into plain English.