If I accidentally joined, because of criminal's influences

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 11:28 pm

I am paranoid that I don't have socks skills to find out an obvious liar or manipulator.

For example; I don't pick up on social cues and I am very naive than a normal person when it comes to finding out who is a criminal and who is innocent.

I feel paranoid of making friends without getting to know them first.

I am afraid that I if a criminal lied to me, even though it was an obvious lie, I would help the criminal without intending to because of someone's influence.

It is just an example.

I can watch these videos on how to spot liers, but it is very hard. Autism is kind of like a Learning Disorder, it takes me much longer to learn to spot sings.

I did not develop social skills for my age, but I developed most of the social skills much later than usual.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 2:07 am

I've gone full circle.
I used to be extremely gullible or naïve, but after having been hurt too many times I am now almost paranoid.
Or, I should say, I am extremly unsure and causious of people.

/Mats

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Mar 2021, 2:43 am

I ignore or delete things that I think may be scams. Examples of this are emails from unknown persons, or Facebook / Twitter friendship requests from people you don't know or haven't heard of. Emails or other messages that begin "Hello, dear. I saw your profile and thought you sound amazing..." Stay away from such obvious scammers!

It's true we tend to be naive. I learned over the course of the years how difficult it can be be to see the true motives of folk who are out to con people and who take advantage of "easy targets". We are often easily influenced and this was particularly evident when I was in my 20s. Always best to get to know someone first. If they aren't genuine, their true colors should start to show before long.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

SpottedMushroom
Raven
Raven

17 Mar 2021, 8:15 am

I have this problem too. I try to read about patterns or behaviors that show red flags as opposed to learning how to spot lies. I know that reading someone is something I'm just not good at, but with experience and practice, I think it gets easier to spot warning signs in patterns. For me, a big one is if I find myself often questioning their inconsistent opinions or actions, that usually means they are lying about something. If they say or do things that don't quite make sense, all the time, that usually means they are hiding something from me. I don't give people money. I don't give people my time, other than friendly chats. (I don't go out of my way to do favors or run errands. I have in the past.)

I just got out of a relationship with someone who was an alcoholic, lied about recovery, and now that it's over, I suspect also did some sort of drug I don't know the details about. I get scared by the endless possibilities of how people can turn out.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 9:14 am

Thank you! It makes sense.