Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 4:53 am

Lately burnout has gotten to the point where sometimes...
I can't Walk as i fall over as soon i try to get up
I barely cant move my limbs (when i try its really slow)
I cannot stay awake (I fall asleep like an hour after i wake up and for whatever reason I seem to enter rem sleep immediately)
Its getting ridiculous and im wondering whats gonna happen next.
Any thoughts or opinoins or advice is welcome.
- Pieplup

Blue_Blake
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Mar 2021, 6:05 am

Hi Pieplup, do you have people around you to help you? I'm sorry you're going through that. Do you have any schedules or responsibilities that you can place throughout the day to help you?

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 6:13 am

Blue_Blake wrote:
Hi Pieplup, do you have people around you to help you? I'm sorry you're going through that. Do you have any schedules or responsibilities that you can place throughout the day to help you?

Yes. No. I dont have responsibilities cause i cant do anything. I put my clothes away and i couldnt walk and slept for 2 days.

Blue_Blake
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Mar 2021, 6:50 am

Pieplup wrote:
Blue_Blake wrote:

Yes. No. I dont have responsibilities cause i cant do anything. I put my clothes away and i couldnt walk and slept for 2 days.

I'm really sorry to hear that. You have a family that's helping you though, right?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 7:00 am

Sorry to hear. One thing that has really heightened my stress levels is by watching the news on TV. Since I stopped doing that I have been less stressed. The only problem is that I do not know what is happening with the lockdown. Where we are allowed to go or not etc., but a WP member has recently mentioned something about the lockdown restrictions ending soon, so I am slowly seeing my body improving. I am still not really up to much though. It is strange. I can walk in the countryside but in a town and seeing all the people with masks on and I can't walk to far before I have to turn back. Anxiety does rob ones ability to walk.

So my advice is to try not to worry, and relax. Avoid watching or listening to the news.

Also restrct how much time one spends with computer games. I am talking to myself here! Haha. But I think it does have a negative effect. I need to start reducing the time I spend to see if it helps. The problem I get is I am soo focussed when I start a game that time flies past me and the day has gone.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 7:30 am

Blue_Blake wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
Blue_Blake wrote:

I'm really sorry to hear that. You have a family that's helping you though, right?

Yeah but no matter how many times i explain it they dont udnerstnad burnout they just think it s depression yeah depressino is the reason i cant walk :roll: Hehe, Literally crippling depression :lol:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Sorry to hear. One thing that has really heightened my stress levels is by watching the news on TV. Since I stopped doing that I have been less stressed. The only problem is that I do not know what is happening with the lockdown. Where we are allowed to go or not etc., but a WP member has recently mentioned something about the lockdown restrictions ending soon, so I am slowly seeing my body improving. I am still not really up to much though. It is strange. I can walk in the countryside but in a town and seeing all the people with masks on and I can't walk to far before I have to turn back. Anxiety does rob ones ability to walk.

So my advice is to try not to worry, and relax. Avoid watching or listening to the news.

Also restrct how much time one spends with computer games. I am talking to myself here! Haha. But I think it does have a negative effect. I need to start reducing the time I spend to see if it helps. The problem I get is I am soo focussed when I start a game that time flies past me and the day has gone.

We dont have cable. The problem is i dont f*****g do anything so how do i stop doing nothing. I’ve donenothing for the past 3 month but somehow my burnout has worsened. ß

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 8:37 am

Pieplup wrote:
Blue_Blake wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
Blue_Blake wrote:

Yeah but no matter how many times i explain it they dont udnerstnad burnout they just think it s depression yeah depressino is the reason i cant walk :roll: Hehe, Literally crippling depression :lol:

Depression can make people sleepy and have no motivation to get out of bed. So I guess that might be why they mistake it for depression. From the outside it might look a bit similar. Even if it's not actually the same symptoms, the internal reason is different and it feels different to you.

Pieplup wrote:
The problem is i dont f*****g do anything so how do i stop doing nothing. I’ve donenothing for the past 3 month but somehow my burnout has worsened. ß

As far as I know burnout can last quite some time. I've had burnout recently and it lasted almost a year - it's still not completely gone. I didn't have as severe symptoms. I was very tired but I didn't sleep all the time and it didn't make me unable to move. But even after I had stopped trying to do the things that'd stress me out, the tiredness, inability to do anything that takes any effort and unprocessed emotions coming up kept getting worse for quite a while before it started getting better. I don't think anything happened and I didn't do anything specific to turn it around and make it get better. It was just the time my brain needed.

Do you know what caused your burnout? Have you been through burnout before and experienced the symptoms you're experiencing now?

Blue_Blake
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Mar 2021, 8:54 am

That's a very helpful post, NorthWind. :)

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 9:10 am

That doesn't sound like burnout or depression to me- more like they need to check you out for something physical. Anaemia, maybe? Burnout should gradually improve if you stay inactive for a while. Depression improves from being more active. (And in my experience, it may make you lethargic, but it doesn't make you fall over!) Inactivity isn't helping you, and it sounds like you physically can't be more active.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 9:31 am

NorthWind wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
Blue_Blake wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
Blue_Blake wrote:

Depression can make people sleepy and have no motivation to get out of bed. So I guess that might be why they mistake it for depression. From the outside it might look a bit similar. Even if it's not actually the same symptoms, the internal reason is different and it feels different to you.

Pieplup wrote:
The problem is i dont f*****g do anything so how do i stop doing nothing. I’ve donenothing for the past 3 month but somehow my burnout has worsened. ß

As far as I know burnout can last quite some time. I've had burnout recently and it lasted almost a year - it's still not completely gone. I didn't have as severe symptoms. I was very tired but I didn't sleep all the time and it didn't make me unable to move. But even after I had stopped trying to do the things that'd stress me out, the tiredness, inability to do anything that takes any effort and unprocessed emotions coming up kept getting worse for quite a while before it started getting better. I don't think anything happened and I didn't do anything specific to turn it around and make it get better. It was just the time my brain needed.

Do you know what caused your burnout? Have you been through burnout before and experienced the symptoms you're experiencing now?

well burnotu was caused by me moving. ITs likely the re-burnout was caused by trying to stop relapsing to self-harm. Which was caused by something personal.

Last edited by Pieplup on 16 Mar 2021, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 9:36 am

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
That doesn't sound like burnout or depression to me- more like they need to check you out for something physical. Anaemia, maybe? Burnout should gradually improve if you stay inactive for a while. Depression improves from being more active. (And in my experience, it may make you lethargic, but it doesn't make you fall over!) Inactivity isn't helping you, and it sounds like you physically can't be more active.
I had a blood test a couple months ago and it came back normal. Im likely going to be tested similiarly soon. but I doubt they will find anything. Its almost certainly burnout as I had similiar symptoms a few months aog when it first started it just was i was having trouble balacning/walking instead of falling over whenever I ever try and get up, sleeping longer, or having trouble moving my arms accurately.. No, Its rather unlikely that its something other than burnout. Its seem more likely to be really severe burnout than not. and like I said its not that It didnt improveit just didnt get all the way there yet. and now its much worse than it has ever been.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 2:16 pm

Tell physician

See nutritionist

Psych meds

Counseling

Deep breath

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 2:33 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Tell physician

See nutritionist

Psych meds

Counseling

Deep breath

Dont have one

Dont have one

Why???

Im not sure if i coudl evne make it to counceling at this point like even small thigns are to much for me

I guess??

Blue_Blake
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Mar 2021, 2:40 pm

Pieplup wrote:
Tell physician

See nutritionist

Psych meds

Counseling

Deep breath

Dont have one

Dont have one

Why???

Im not sure if i coudl evne make it to counceling at this point like even small thigns are to much for me

I guess??

I know how it feels to have small things be too much...you should talk with your family about this, the first step is always the most terrifying and difficult one.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 4:31 pm

Blue_Blake wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
Tell physician

See nutritionist

Psych meds

Counseling

Deep breath

Dont have one

Dont have one

Why???

I guess??

I know how it feels to have small things be too much...you should talk with your family about this, the first step is always the most terrifying and difficult one.
I try to explain brunout it never works. My dad saw me fall over when i tried to get out of bed so i think its kinda obvious at htis point.

XSara
Raven
Raven

17 Mar 2021, 5:04 am

it sounds like major depression, not burnout. you should see a doctor to figure out what you have