Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 7:44 am

2ukenkerl wrote:

As for paranoid, I HAVE been mistreated a lot, and DO know people say bad things behind my back. Surprisingly, the SAME people sometimes say GOOD things behind my back. So I am not 100% negative, and I don't merely THINK it. How is that paranoia?

Even the obsessive compulsive I would say is moderate.

OH WELL....

ukenkerl

The fact that you're backing yourself up is enough to say you have paranoia.
I wouldn't worry about these things though, its a self-made test, look at most people around. Man, I have EVERYTHING other than borderline and dependency issues. Everything can be seen as a spectrum, everyone has traits of many 'problems' just naturally.

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 8:20 am

I scored low on eveyting except
schzoid moderate
schzotypical high
histrionic moderate

The reason I got these scores is because I am older and don't care any more. I thought it was a poor test because there were only yes/no answers- not enough range.

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 8:33 am

agentcyclosarin wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:

As for paranoid, I HAVE been mistreated a lot, and DO know people say bad things behind my back. Surprisingly, the SAME people sometimes say GOOD things behind my back. So I am not 100% negative, and I don't merely THINK it. How is that paranoia?

Even the obsessive compulsive I would say is moderate.

OH WELL....

ukenkerl

The fact that you're backing yourself up is enough to say you have paranoia.
I wouldn't worry about these things though, its a self-made test, look at most people around. Man, I have EVERYTHING other than borderline and dependency issues. Everything can be seen as a spectrum, everyone has traits of many 'problems' just naturally.

So you're saying I have paranoia if I say something against a persons lousy test? Then I guess only careless or stupid people don't have paranoia. WOW! Frankly, I just don't like it, and am afraid others may take the test and get the wrong ideas about their own results. If anyone is paranoid, I guess it is the writer of the test because he or she believes nearly everyone has paranoia.

Steve

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 8:35 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
So you're saying I have paranoia if I say something against a persons lousy test? Then I guess only careless or stupid people don't have paranoia. WOW! Frankly, I just don't like it, and am afraid others may take the test and get the wrong ideas about their own results. If anyone is paranoid, I guess it is the writer of the test because he or she believes nearly everyone has paranoia.

Steve

Thats hardly what I'm saying.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 8:40 am

Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Very high
Schizotypal: Very high
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Low
Narcissistic: Low
Avoidant: High
Dependent: Moderate
Obsessive Compulsive: High

btw, agent-I like the new avatar.

I'm my own guinea pig.

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 8:55 am

Most thanks, Haine's my man.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

22 Jul 2007, 10:03 am

Paranoid: 54
Schizoid: 59
Schizotypal:75
Antisocial: 33
Borderline: 40
Histrionic: 36
Narcissistic: 46
Avoidant: 73
Dependent: 47
Obsessive Compulsive: 65

Only thing really interesting is the high average score on Schizotypal for everyone here.

Schadenfreude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Sep 2007, 3:43 pm

Paranoid Moderate
Schizoid Very High
Schizotypal High
AntiSocial Moderate
Borderline Low
Histrionic Low
Narcisscistic Moderate
Avoidant Moderate
Dependent Low
Obsessive-Compulsive High

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 3:51 pm

Paranoid: High
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: High
Antisocial: High
Borderline: Very High
Histrionic: Very High
Narcissistic: Very High
Avoidant: Very High
Dependent: Very High
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2007, 6:07 pm

They're kind of like Pokémon: gotta catch 'em all!

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 1:53 am

agentcyclosarin wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:

Steve

It looked to me as if you were saying that the person saying "This doesn't apply to me because _________" was somehow an indicator that it really did apply to them (because if it didn't, they apparently wouldn't bother explaining).

I find that sort of thing to be making bizarre assumptions about another person, in the "If they really thought X then Y is the only thing they would do," which isn't usually an accurate way of thinking about things.

I happen to think the person raised a good point about the test: It asks if you think people say bad things about you behind your back. It does not ask how often you think this, nor does it ask whether you think the same people say good things about you behind your back.

That's a serious flaw in the test for very literal people, and I saw many more items on the test that were problematic in that manner. For instance, it asks in several sections where people say you have a particular personality trait (self-centeredness, arrogance, cruelty, etc). Many of those traits were traits that autistic people can be misread as having because of other people not understanding our body language or communication style. Therefore, people saying that about us would in our cases make us autistic, whereas the test of course maps them to various personality disorders.

And many other things on the test worked like that.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 8:05 am

anbuend wrote:
agentcyclosarin wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:

Steve

It looked to me as if you were saying that the person saying "This doesn't apply to me because _________" was somehow an indicator that it really did apply to them (because if it didn't, they apparently wouldn't bother explaining).

I find that sort of thing to be making bizarre assumptions about another person, in the "If they really thought X then Y is the only thing they would do," which isn't usually an accurate way of thinking about things.

I happen to think the person raised a good point about the test: It asks if you think people say bad things about you behind your back. It does not ask how often you think this, nor does it ask whether you think the same people say good things about you behind your back.

That's a serious flaw in the test for very literal people, and I saw many more items on the test that were problematic in that manner. For instance, it asks in several sections where people say you have a particular personality trait (self-centeredness, arrogance, cruelty, etc). Many of those traits were traits that autistic people can be misread as having because of other people not understanding our body language or communication style. Therefore, people saying that about us would in our cases make us autistic, whereas the test of course maps them to various personality disorders.

I agree. I told my husband about this test, since I was kinda alarmed by my results. He asked me what kinds of questions were asked. I told him a few, and my answers. He rolled his eyes, and sighed saying that I wasn't supposed to take the questions so literally. I don't think this kind of test is a very good indication of anything when taken by people that think in such black, and white literal terms.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 8:30 am

serenity wrote:
anbuend wrote:
agentcyclosarin wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:

Steve

I agree. I told my husband about this test, since I was kinda alarmed by my results. He asked me what kinds of questions were asked. I told him a few, and my answers. He rolled his eyes, and sighed saying that I wasn't supposed to take the questions so literally. I don't think this kind of test is a very good indication of anything when taken by people that think in such black, and white literal terms.

EXACTLY!! !! And I actually KNOW people say things behind my back. Bad and GOOD! Luckily, at the job at least, most are GOOD now. I HAVE been shocked at some of the derogatory lies said. SO, if you KNOW people are saying bad things about you, is it a symptom of paranoia? BTW I KNOW it because I overhear it, or hear information from others that makes it clear, or was told in a way I know to be true.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 8:40 am

Paranoid: High (I'd rather say that it's moderate)
Schizoid: Moderate ( 8O I'd judge it to be AT LEAST high)
Borderline: Moderate
Histrionic: Very High ( 8O 8O 8O Since when?! :roll: )
Narcissistic: Very High
Avoidant: High
Dependent: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: High

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 8:50 am

2ukenkerl wrote:
EXACTLY!! !! And I actually KNOW people say things behind my back. Bad and GOOD! Luckily, at the job at least, most are GOOD now. I HAVE been shocked at some of the derogatory lies said. SO, if you KNOW people are saying bad things about you, is it a symptom of paranoia? BTW I KNOW it because I overhear it, or hear information from others that makes it clear, or was told in a way I know to be true.

Yeah exactly. And I don't know a lot of people where people don't ever say bad or good things behind their back, unless they don't know anybody. Because people are always talking about other people when they're not there. I have a hard time figuring out why it's paranoid to be aware of that.

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 11:44 am

Paranoid: Very High
Schizoid: High
Borderline: Very High
Histrionic: High
Narcissistic: High
Avoidant: Very High