Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 8:53 am

What's been happening lately is that every single time I'm sad I think it's a mental health crisis or I'm about to meltdown or sometimes I do...

I did this last night, things happening to me and I had a crying spell... But I felt like it was the end of everything and I should call crisis, but I didn't, I cried myself to sleep instead...

And this morning, I feel okay again...

I mean do I over react because of past experiences I wonder?

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

theidealist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 May 2021, 9:07 am

I can relate. Honestly, there were many times when I contemplated suicide over something causal and irrelevant but eventually everything turned out fine.

In stressful and overwhelming situations(there are many of them in my life) I also lose my temper rapidly.

Guess emotions are tough for me and I can't control them very much.

EQ - 22.3
INTJ 1w9

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 9:14 am

You are not alone.

When I can't identify the cause, I feel it just comes down to body chemistry. I try to find a substitute for that feeling, usually related to an interest. The hard part is overcoming the inertia of those feeling to get the energy to refocus.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 10:19 am

Angnix wrote:
What's been happening lately is that every single time I'm sad I think it's a mental health crisis or I'm about to meltdown or sometimes I do...

I did this last night, things happening to me and I had a crying spell... But I felt like it was the end of everything and I should call crisis, but I didn't, I cried myself to sleep instead...

I mean do I over react because of past experiences I wonder?

No doubt you do find yourself in a pattern of escalating emotions and even hospitalization, based on prior experiences. Your marriage alone was a roller coaster, and then your no-boundaries relatives too were always causing you problems.

Please don't be put off by this suggestion, but have you ever tried meditative practices? They help a lot of people modulate their emotions.

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 12:59 pm

I'm like that when I'm under a lot of stress. I don't know what to do about it other than not to dwell on things too much. If something has permanent consequences you may never be 100% over it but it will become a smaller part of you with time if you focus on the future.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 4:09 pm

Angnix wrote:

Something I learned a long time ago: Things always look better in the morning. If you're upset in the evening, remind yourself of this truth, get under the covers, watch a movie or listen to some favorite music, and wait it out.