Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 May 2021, 10:10 pm

Does anyone know of any medication that has helped them with controlling and regulating their emotions? I just can't help it I freak out sometimes and I want to control my emotions but I can't. There are times where I just freak out and I don't want that anymore. I'm on 10 mg of prozac but that doesn't seem to help with my emotions. Any suggestions I have a check up appointment tomorrow with my psychiatrist for the prozac.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 11:04 pm

I think an antipsychotic might help better at emotional regulation than an SSRI, but of course I'm not a licensed medical professional and they'd have to make the recommendation based on your needs.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 6:44 pm

I had good results for my perpetual anxiety and panic attacks (GAD diagnosis, now understood to be PTSD/CPTSD)
with low doses of Effexor XR.
I have been on it several times over my lifetime. Longest span was 7 years. Meds can be useful tools for helping us through the hardest stuff. There are so many options out there these days, there is no reason to suffer. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right drug or combo that works the way you want without undesired side effects, and sometimes adjustments might need to be made to doses, etc, but the difference for some people is like night and day, or literally and actually the difference between life and death. Don't give up!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson