Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 7:13 pm

Sooo.. I'm thinking of going away for a period of time to I guess feel my presence out somewhere other than in my house. Maybe a day or 10 and see how I feel. Yes it's weird one would consider such a thing but yeah. I sleep on streets sometimes. :?

I just want to feel like myself, just somewhere else and no one to share my thoughts with. :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 7:17 pm

I wouldn't do it......

I know I can't handle sleeping in the streets....

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 7:37 pm

Yeah.. just feel uncomfortable and unsettled.

I'm not sure if potentially the weather being cooler here is part of the way I feel. Hard to explain when you are trying to feel differently than being where you are. Ergo home.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 May 2021, 7:50 pm

Danusaurus wrote:

I'm not sure if potentially the weather being cooler here is part of the way I feel. Hard to explain when you are trying to feel differently than being where you are. Ergo home.

what is the main issue ?

do you live with others ?

your desire to be outside might be the need to walk through nature

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 8:01 pm

cbd wrote:
Danusaurus wrote:

what is the main issue ?

Hmm.. I guess the main issue is I can't seem to figure out why I am struggling within my own environment. Itsike I need to get away to give myself a reference point of then and now type feeling. Living with others never seems to work out. I'm too weird n disliked. I know I get very agoraphobic type feeling. I hate leaving even. So if I go I'll be gone for some time I would think.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 9:09 pm

I wouldn't run away. I'd be scared to live on the streets. Are there any other solutions that you can come up with?

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 9:28 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I wouldn't run away. I'd be scared to live on the streets. Are there any other solutions that you can come up with?

I'm not sure.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 9:33 pm

If this is just like a camping-trip vacation...make sure you are back to your house in time to take care of the things you need to take care of.

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 May 2021, 3:30 am

Getting away for a bit often helps me with gaining perspective. However it needs to be a well planned trip out into nature where I can relax and contemplate but have what I need to survive.
The streets are very stressful for me. Though I used to wander them aimlessly to get away from home stress. It never really helped. I could never find a place that felt safe. For me safe is alone in nature.
I have been fortunate to live in places where there are big natural areas close by to wander off into. I love hiking and am very happy to pack a backpack and disappear with my hiking tent.
The title of your post says "run away" which is different than just getting some perspective. I've always found that no matter how I run away my issues always come with me!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 4:08 am

Get yourself a nice tent, a working torch and a sleeping bag. Can you ride a bicycle? If you can then a bicycle is very useful for carrying the weight and getting you places quicker.

Do not plan too much other then plan what you need. Just take a map and the things listed above with some food and water and be free!

That way you can have mini adventures and recharge so you can come back home ready to face whatever life throws at you.

But be equipped with what you need and what is appropiate. The key is to take what you need without taking too much. Things are heavy especially if carried on ones back. (If cycling always let the bicycle carry the weight in panniers and on the carrier. If walking a good backpack is essential. Oh. And don't forget a foam groundmat).
Having the things you need (Which may take a while to get if one does not have them) makes these adventures repeatable and sustainable. While I understand just going with little preperation gives one freedom, sleeping outdoors with no cover is not ideal. I do not know what climate you are in. Maybe it is ok? I do not know. I just know for me, a tent at least is essential.

Mind you, there are ways in which one can use a tarp to make a shelter. Consider this if one has no tent.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 6:56 am

I don’t recommend you give up your home.

The cycle of homelessness is a vicious cycle.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2021, 8:45 am

Danusaurus wrote:
cbd wrote:
Danusaurus wrote:

what is the main issue ?

Hmm.. I guess the main issue is I can't seem to figure out why I am struggling within my own environment. Itsike I need to get away to give myself a reference point of then and now type feeling. Living with others never seems to work out. I'm too weird n disliked. I know I get very agoraphobic type feeling. I hate leaving even. So if I go I'll be gone for some time I would think.

i see you live in Australia . Don't know how quarantine has been for you guys .. but in the UK .. it's been stirr crazy for alot of people . you maybe just need a few days in a different location .

You suggest Aggrophia and People Disliking You . Forget what others think . not Sureof Your Current Living Quarters . Did You Grow up in Aus ' ? .. Do You Have Family you can visit ?

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 8:55 pm

cbd wrote:
Danusaurus wrote:
cbd wrote:
Danusaurus wrote:

what is the main issue ?

i see you live in Australia . Don't know how quarantine has been for you guys .. but in the UK .. it's been stirr crazy for alot of people . you maybe just need a few days in a different location .

You suggest Aggrophia and People Disliking You . Forget what others think . not Sureof Your Current Living Quarters . Did You Grow up in Aus ' ? .. Do You Have Family you can visit ?

Nah not really. I spend the days and nights alone.
I used to not be bothered by people or what they thought about me. Except I can't help feeling judged, probably common with a lot of us on the spectrum to a degree. I'm thinking I need space outside my usual environment as it's very difficult to find anyone to share interests with. Speaking of agoraphobia.. I contemplate and plan and re plan and re arrange everything over and over again before I get outside. So I'm stuck.. :cry:

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 7:31 am

Danusaurus wrote:
Sooo.. I'm thinking of going away for a period of time to I guess feel my presence out somewhere other than in my house. Maybe a day or 10 and see how I feel. Yes it's weird one would consider such a thing but yeah. I sleep on streets sometimes. :?

I just want to feel like myself, just somewhere else and no one to share my thoughts with. :(

Don’t do it before you know it your 10 days will become 10 years.

That’s if you last that long sleeping rough is brutal to your health life expectancy and safety.

- George Bernie Shaw